Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I just moved to California. I'm looking at buying a versys (if I can find the right one!) and equip it, ride it until August.. At which point I want to ride the pacific coast up to Vancouver, and then across Canada.

I've been researching a lot, I'm still not 100% convinced that the versys is the perfect tool for the job, but I'm almost convinced at that point...

So if you have any tips, advices (bring this, don't do that), opinions (good idea, not a good idea, don't get a versys), drop a line!

Oh and of course.. As I'm actively looking at the moment, if you happen to know or to have one of those beautiful ladies for sale, drop me a private message too :)

Max
:feedback:

·
Registered
670 Posts
not sure any bike is perfect. versys will do fine.

advice... take a long time and do more than just ride the bike.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Hi!
I just moved to California. I'm looking at buying a versys (if I can find the right one!) and equip it, ride it until August.. At which point I want to ride the pacific coast up to Vancouver, and then across Canada.

I've been researching a lot, I'm still not 100% convinced that the versys is the perfect tool for the job, but I'm almost convinced at that point...

So if you have any tips, advices (bring this, don't do that), opinions (good idea, not a good idea, don't get a versys), drop a line!

Oh and of course.. As I'm actively looking at the moment, if you happen to know or to have one of those beautiful ladies for sale, drop me a private message too :)

Max
I would recommend lowering pegs, hard luggage and an aftermarket shield for long rides and long distance touring. Crash bars will pay for themselves the first time your bike tips over or crashes.

·
Super Moderator
18,822 Posts
Hi!
I just moved to California. I'm looking at buying a versys (if I can find the right one!) and equip it, ride it until August.. At which point I want to ride the pacific coast up to Vancouver, and then across Canada....
Max
Be sure to check whether you'll have to pay BC PST at the Border (then claim it back later). If 'yes' - enter at Coutts, Alberta off I-15, then turn LEFT and ride Hwy 3 thru the Crowsnest Pass to Van, then turn around and come out thru Jasper, turn south to Banff, then head to Montreal.

The Jasper/Banff (Icefields Parkway) is POSSIBLY the prettiest mountain road in North America!

:yeahsmile:

·
Registered
153 Posts
My '09 Versys performed flawlessly on my recent 2,700-mile jaunt from Myrtle Beach, SC, to Oklahoma City and back. Ditto on lowering pegs and aftermarket shield; pivotal for me was anything other than stock saddle, which is notoriously uncomfortable. Thumbs up on Terry Adcox flat saddle, which afforded riding several hours before feeling the need to stretch legs and other extremities. Icefields Parkway, Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise are scenic; would add stops at Waterton Lakes and Glacier national parks, mostly because they are so close. Going to the Sun Road at Glacier is amazing.

·
Super Moderator
18,822 Posts
...Icefields Parkway, Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise are scenic; would add stops at Waterton Lakes and Glacier national parks, mostly because they are so close. Going to the Sun Road at Glacier is amazing.
IF you head south to "Going to the Sun" :thumb: - :thumb: - :thumb: - also DON'T miss riding Hwy 89 south from St. Mary (the eastern edge of Glacier Park) to East Glacier, GREAT road :yeahsmile: - :clap: - !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi!

I've been researching a lot, I'm still not 100% convinced that the versys is the perfect flashlights for the job, but I'm almost convinced at that point...

Max
Oh friend just joined the forum. I think you need some better and strong bike for your trip. Just take guidance of good mechanic to do some modifications and make your bike more appropriate:)

·
Super Moderator
16,057 Posts
Oh friend just joined the forum. I think you need some better and strong bike for your trip. Just take guidance of good mechanic to do some modifications and make your bike more appropriate:)
What??????

The Versys hauled my big butt 275lbs before gear at the time with no issues.

IMG_0135 by weljo2001, on Flickr

1 - 9 of 9 Posts