Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 09 Versys with less then 4,000 miles and I'am very please with this bike, although every other bike I ever owned had a center stand. Not a problem, did a little reading and bought a used pair of Pit bull Stands. The rear stand works very nicely but when I place the front pin in the hole at the top of the fork and lift, the front tire never leaves the ground. There seems to be too much travel in my front forks. Has this happen to anyone else. I aware, I don't have the right pin size but thought I would try it a few times before I purchased the correct pin. (any constructive help, would be greatly appreciated)

One more thing.....yes I adjusted the stand out to the highest setting.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I recently purchased a 09 Versys with less then 4,000 miles and I'am very please with this bike, although every other bike I ever owned had a center stand. Not a problem, did a little reading and bought a used pair of Pit bull Stands. The rear stand works very nicely but when I place the front pin in the hole at the top of the fork and lift, the front tire never leaves the ground. There seems to be too much travel in my front forks. Has this happen to anyone else. I aware, I don't have the right pin size but thought I would try it a few times before I purchased the correct pin. (any constructive help, would be greatly appreciated)

One more thing.....yes I adjusted the stand out to the highest setting.
do you have the right pin for the front stand? I think it calls for a standard pin with a number 2 adapter. per pit bull's web site

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
you could possibly make and extension couldnt you?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Do you have a picture? I have a Pitbull stand that lifts from the triples and it gets the front wheel off the ground just fine. Mine isn't adjustable for different heights, but they do make different ones, some of which may no longer be on their website.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I aware, I don't have the right pin size but thought I would try it a few times before I purchased the correct pin. (any constructive help, would be greatly appreciated)
Get the right pin. They are not that expensive and you don't want the bike to fall over. That can get expensive.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I have a black widow stand and my 09 is lowered so the stand gets the wheel up a little higher. However it looks like it would barely be off the ground with the stock height front end.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let me first say I love this site and thank all of you for the comments. I contacted Putbull and they were very quick to answer...see the below...So between their answer and none you having (or heard of) the same issue I will order the correct pin and see if that brings it up a little higher..(again thank you)

I've never heard that complaint before. I suspect it's related to using the wrong pin because that can change the angles and lead to a lower overall lifting height. Let us know if you have any other questions at any time. Thanks and have a good day!

George F. Hoffman

General Manager

Pit Bull Products, Inc.

Don't run with the pack…Lead it!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Let me first say I love this site and thank all of you for the comments. I contacted Putbull and they were very quick to answer...see the below...So between their answer and none you having (or heard of) the same issue I will order the correct pin and see if that brings it up a little higher..(again thank you)

I've never heard that complaint before. I suspect it's related to using the wrong pin because that can change the angles and lead to a lower overall lifting height. Let us know if you have any other questions at any time. Thanks and have a good day!

George F. Hoffman

General Manager

Pit Bull Prytoducts, Inc.

Don't run with the pack…Lead it!
Glad you got it figured out. I have to apologize I didn't catch the part
In your post that you knew you had the wrong pin.Again glad it worked out and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Just a reminder that if the Pitbull are like other stands, you HAVE TO use the rear stand first and every time, even if you are only working on the front of the bike. Front stand alone can twist and topple your bike - not pretty.

Reactions: onewizard

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I want to add a follow up to my original post just in case someone later stumbles across this. I ordered the proper pin from Pit Bull and installed it the night before last. With somewhat disbelief it would work. Was I way wrong, and extremely pleased with the amount of lift, it worked perfectly.

Like mentioned above it needs a Standard pin + #2 adapter sleeve. What a difference, when using the proper Pin.

I could have used this pin three weeks ago when I had the front of my bike suspended from the handlebars to the ceiling joist with a few ratchet straps. (watch this) I decided to get new rubber and the redneck part of me just decided to "get er done".

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Just a reminder that if the Pitbull are like other stands, you HAVE TO use the rear stand first and every time, even if you are only working on the front of the bike. Front stand alone can twist and topple your bike - not pretty.
And may we ask how you know that ? :wink2:

LOP

·
Super Moderator
19,633 Posts
And may we ask how you know that ? :wink2:

LOP
Phil - OF COURSE he said that BECAUSE he read the instructions prior to using the stands....

:wink2:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Like mentioned above it needs a Standard pin + #2 adapter sleeve. What a difference, when using the proper Pin.

For anyone reading this, The quoted information above is for a Front Wheel Stand.

For a PIT BULL Rear Wheel Stand ..you need a pair of 10mm Spools ( the bolts are included ) ..when Ordering your PIT BULL stand from PIT BULL. .....If you have a 2016 Kawasaki VERSYS 650

·
Super Moderator
19,633 Posts
...For a PIT BULL Rear Wheel Stand ..you need a pair of 10mm Spools ( the bolts are included ) ..when Ordering your PIT BULL stand from PIT BULL. .....If you have a 2016 Kawasaki VERSYS 650
For what I know, the 2015- Versys 650 has a 8mm thread for the spools.
chid is right! Buy the 10 mm ones and you'll end up putting them onto our FOR SALE section....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts