Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pirelli.com says that are not available for the 2008 Versys. However, I see the sizes that match. Anyone have install them?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Sure, many people are using those tires (do a search for reviews). I have a set in my shed right now, just waiting for the PR3's to wear out. Year of bike is not important, it's all about size. 120/70 17 front is found on many sport bikes these days, so no trouble there. 160/60 17 rear is on a lot of bikes too.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I fitted them on my 2009. LOVED em.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Sure, many people are using those tires (do a search for reviews). I have a set in my shed right now, just waiting for the PR3's to wear out. Year of bike is not important, it's all about size. 120/70 17 front is found on many sport bikes these days, so no trouble there. 160/60 17 rear is on a lot of bikes too.
I just put the PRIII on, how long have you had them? (in miles)

David

·
Registered
623 Posts
The Scorpion Trails will be my next (first) set of tires. Wish they were more like a 90 / 10 tire vs the 95 / 05. But most of my riding is street. I'll bet they'll be perfect...

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
120/70 17 front is radial 160/60 17 rear is bias ply says motorcycle superstore. No no to mix them. If correct, it means no match.

Sound nonsense to me.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Correct, both sites, pirelli and superstore are wrong. When requested information for the 2010 the correct size comes across.

Thank you for the confirmation

·
Registered
687 Posts
I just put the PRIII on, how long have you had them? (in miles)

David
I'm not great at keeping records on these things but it's been at least 6k miles, and probably 1k more on the front than the back. The front is still in good shape, the back has squared off quite a bit and developed some cupping. The finer sipes (the ones that start with a circle) on the rear tire are gone. I believe those sipes are the wear indicators, since I haven't been able to find any wear bars like on other tires. Besides the stock tires I've had a couple of sets of Avon Storms, an Angel (rear tire) and now the PR3's. I've liked the Pilots best for street riding, although I found them noisy when they were new.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Your stockers have converted to Zombie tires, obviously. And you know what you need to do to Zombies. ;)

·
Super Moderator
19,152 Posts
120/70 17 front is radial 160/60 17 rear is bias ply says motorcycle superstore. No no to mix them. If correct, it means no match.

Sound nonsense to me.
On motorcycles you CAN mix radial and bias tires. Some Triumphs have come STOCK with radial/ bias.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Having a hard time finding the right size set online. They are pricey too. Will pickup the phone and call the local dealers to see what prices I can get.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got them installed last week. Then went on a weekend ride two up with my wife. I admit they feel better that the Roadsmarts 2 the replaced. The roadsmarts were going on +8K miles and still had a couple of hundred miles on them. The scorpions felt really good on wet pavement. Will have to wait a couple of weeks to have chance to put them to the test.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts