Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to purchase some Pirelli Scorpion Trail's. Im sure most of you are aware that Pirelli does not offer the Scorpion Trail in 160/60/17. I sent an email of to Pirelli and there response was....

"The Scorpion Trial 160/60ZR17 is new for 2011 and the tire will be officially launched to the dealers at the February Indy Dealer Show"

Currently 5 degrees outside with over 2 feet of snow on the ground. Looks like its goiong to be a long winter............ :mad:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Well, with an official launch in February you might actually be able to buy it by the time the snow melts and riding season comes along.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Sweet, now write them and tell them you have a bunch of V riders willing to do some real world testing for them. Maybe they could donate a few for the sake of research. wish wish....

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
In two different review of yammies new GS killer, I've seen positive comments on the BS BattleWing but who knows if its available yet.
Our test mules were fitted with ’Stone Battle Wing tires developed especially for the Ténéré, using what seem to be deeper tread grooves than off-the-shelf ’Wings to deliver surprisingly good traction in the dirt as long as it isn’t thick and loose like sand. Considering the street-biased nature of most adventure-touring riders, we consider the ‘Wings to be an excellent tire compromise.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
In two different review of yammies new GS killer, I've seen positive comments on the BS BattleWing but who knows if its available yet.
I've seen those comments too, yet the tires look identical to the BattleWings I had on the V-Strom a couple of times. Good street tires, not that good off-road. Definitely not as good as Anakees or Tourances overall.

Not available in Versys sizes, anyway. :(

Gustavo

·
Registered
203 Posts
Dual sport tires?

Of those who have installed dual sport tires have you had enough clearance with the front fender? I am pretty sure I will have to space my Twin Shack rear hugger since it is really close to the stock rear tire like all rear huggers are.:huh:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I have decided to purchase some Pirelli Scorpion Trail's. Im sure most of you are aware that Pirelli does not offer the Scorpion Trail in 160/60/17. I sent an email of to Pirelli and there response was....

"The Scorpion Trial 160/60ZR17 is new for 2011 and the tire will be officially launched to the dealers at the February Indy Dealer Show"

Currently 5 degrees outside with over 2 feet of snow on the ground. Looks like its goiong to be a long winter............ :mad:
I was hoping that was the case. I've been holding off on the chance we would see them. Guess I'll wait 'till they show at the e-tailers.

:clap::clap:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
The 160/60 size is showing up on the e-tailer sites for motorcycle tires. I have a email notice set at Motorcycle-Superstore for when they get them in.

Competition Specialties lists them as available on their site so I thought I would email them to check stock. Here is their reply today:

Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2011 2:48 PM
To: chrisbrown77
Subject: RE: COMPACC Website Customer Comment 12938

Hello Chris. Unfortunately this tire is currently on backorder from Pirelli with an estimated release date of 4/7/2011. It is possible that they will be released sooner but 4/7 is the current date our distributor has posted. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please let us know if you have any additional questions, we would be glad to help.

They aren't gonna be cheap, looks like they'll be just over $150 street price. Don't know what list is.

Now I'm trying to decide if I should try the 120/90 rear on the front. Or pursue a v-strom wheel. Or just stay with the 120/70.

I wish this thread would have been included in our big tire thread. :(

·
Registered
501 Posts
Riders Discount (bottom of this page) told me they are going to sell this tire also.

They said they would send me an email when they have pricing and the tires in stock.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
665 Posts
It's on the list there but "unavailable" if you try and order one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts