Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced my OEM Dunlops with Pirelli Scorpion II's on my 2015 650 LT. The Pirellis come in the stock sizes. I got just under 5,000 miles on the Dunlop rear tire. It squared off badly and made for some interesting times on the twisties. I finally had enough surprises that I thought it time to replace the rears. Since I was also looking for some better performance off of the pavement, I decided to swap out the front tires too.

So far, 150 miles, I am very impressed with the Pirellis. I've had a chance to do some sweepers, highways and freeway riding. They certainly are a significant improvement on the Dunlops. I'll see how they do with some more miles and some graded dirt roads.

I'd be interested in anyone else's experience with the Pirellis.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
If you read comparisons, Motorrad rated the Scorpion 2 the best 90% on-road/10% off-road tire (aka adv. tour tire) tested. Second place was the Metzler Tourance Next.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thanks for the post. I am almost there on my rear tire and am shopping around. First hand experience is always welcome!
Best!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I completed another 200+ miles on the Pirelli's. It gave me a chance to ride dry pavement (2 lane and interstate), in the rain and on graded dirt. Performance was very good on all of them. I had to make one hard stop on the wet pavement and had no issues (except for anxiety).

So far I'm very happy with these tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts