Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last March I put on a set of Pirelli MT60s. Got a good price at MC Superstore. With all the dirt roads around here (including my long driveway) a dual sport tire was what I needed

The Good
I was very happy with the performance of these tires...good grip on the road and on gravel/dirt roads. Wet performance was equally good. They fit the stock rims perfectly and do not require and modifications to the fender since they are stock size.

The Bad..
The rubber is soft...hence the good grip. I have put a little over 4K miles and the rear tire will need to be replaced soon...I was hoping to get closer to 6k but its not going to happen...maybe can squeak out 5K. The front tire is wearing well however and will get 8 or 9 thousand out of it.

So now I am in the market for another rear DS tire...preferably one that will last longer...I am headed on trip to Maine in a couple of weeks...I probably should get a new one on before then to be safe. Will put about 600 miles round trip that weekend.

·
Registered
770 Posts
According to the Pirelli web site these are super moto tires made from soft race compound rubber.

Happy with my Pirelli Scorpion Trail DS tires. Not much decrease in grip from sport tour tires on pavement but much better grip on smooth gravel/dirt roads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts