Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,
I just recently upgraded the air filter on my 2008 Versys. It look an 2 hours or so and had to take the tank off. Just took my time and was the first time taking off the tank. Just be carefull not to break the plastics and when removing the tank (2 screws), place a small piece of 2x6 wood to pick up the rear of the tank a bit, so you have access to the buttom of the tank. Then you can easily remove the fuel pump connector and two electrical wires.

Pipercross # MPX113
Price: $68.80 shipped

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hello all,
I just recently upgraded the air filter on my 2008 Versys. It look an 2 hours or so and had to take the tank off. Just took my time and was the first time taking off the tank. Just be carefull not to break the plastics and when removing the tank (2 screws), place a small piece of 2x6 wood to pick up the rear of the tank a bit, so you have access to the buttom of the tank. Then you can easily remove the fuel pump connector and two electrical wires.

Pipercross # MPX113
I had this filter "upgrade" 2 years ago.
The filter doesnt fit inside the airbox,its very thick.After 1-2 cleaning procedures it will be ripping apart because of the forces involved to place it correctly inside the airbox without gaps.
The industry filter is superior in any aspect including engine performance.my 2 cents for this "upgrade" :topsecret:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I drove my versys this morning after the filter change and I can feel a little more torque/kick on takeoff. The filter did go in snug but no different than the stock. I guess I will see if it falls apart after a couple of cleanings. I have a leovince aftermarket exhaust. I am happy with the performance of the air filter.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have a remus exhaust and my thoughts were exactly the same back then.In the long run i realized that some factory parts are not subject of upgrading.One part for sure is the air filter,unless you chase the big numbers with power commander etc...
This specific product is so thick that you could easily conclude its not designed for versys airbox,i cant see another explanation.Lube it slightly and still wont fit.
Anyway i hope it works good for you man,just verify that it goes all the way down that airbox ...

·
Super Moderator
19,119 Posts
Hello all,

Pipercross # MPX113
How many $ for your old stock airfilter?

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
I'm very happy with my Pipercross open-cell polyurethane foam air filter. It offers better protection and a good seal to prevent any dirt or sand getting around it... I always open up and clean the airbox when I service the filter, and carefully install it with grease on the lip without forcing it in.

From Pipercross UK representative, Sept 2010:

Thanks for the info...

the gen 2 filter for the ER6 is a plastic frame,simmialr to OE...

I have fitted the Gen1 filter in the Versys and agree with the fitting... its a pig!

We will be making changes to this unit in the future...

Many thanks for the help and comments..

James
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11084

1 - 6 of 6 Posts