Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Wow! That's some sweet looking stainless steel silencer! Looks even better than I expected. :clap: I like the way the triangular shape is flat behind, tucked beside the swingarm's surface. :thumb: Nice machined support too.

So it sounds good with the quiet insert in?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
quiet insert?

Did even fire it up yet !!!!
(had to get back to my painting chores)

.....will I need the quiet insert?
(is it needed to complete setup?..... or an option?)

Do not like the way bracket is between the foot rest casting
and master cylinder.... makes things on an angle into the
master cylinder (guess no big deal)

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Did even fire it up yet !!!!
(had to get back to my painting chores)

.....will I need the quiet insert?
(is it needed to complete setup?..... or an option?)

Do not like the way bracket is between the foot rest casting
and master cylinder.... makes things on an angle into the
master cylinder (guess no big deal)
Quiet insert was not included? I guess you'll find out if you want one when you fire it up.
Oh, so the bracket moved the master inwards a bit, closer to the swingarm, also making it offset with the pedal actuator. Some material could be ground down on the foot rest casting, where the bracket sits on it... A washer or two could be added if the Yosh and bracket were ever removed in the future.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Don't like the sound of the poor fit. Always thought a Yoshi would cost more....are they making knock-offs now, I wonder???
It mounts the same as the Yoshi TRC S/S. It's definitely not a poor mount nor a poor fit. They are very solid and well designed slip-ons. They are very competitively priced compared to other slip-ons depending on where you look.

www.indysuperbikes.com

But a word of advice for anyone looking at a Yoshi...make sure you get the Versys verison, the ER-6/Ninja 650R version won't fit. The mount geometery is different.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Very tempting seeing the looks and price. One question though, do you notice any effects it has on the swing arm? They look pretty close and I've seen some slip-on with tubeless exit design just badly burn the swing arm.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Old thread. But thanks for posting a pic. That looks awesome. This was the first pic I have seen of the TRS on a versys. Not even Yoshimura's website offers one. There is plenty out there with the TRC and TRC-D.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts