Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very excited about it. Although I would like to install a 12V Power Outlet. Does anyone know if I need to buy the really as well?

John

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2017 Versys 650 ABS

Picking up in a few days and I'm coming from Cruisers. I'm exciting about riding higher with a better view of traffic. I'm coming from a 1300 so it will be an adjustment to a 650 I suppose.

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Welcome From Canada

:welcome:https://www.kawasakiversys.com/foru...05361-valuable-links-wizard-member-intro.html
As to the relay, if you are buying from a dealer, about $25, yes you need it if you wish to use the aux. 5 amp circuit. My 2015 and for that matter all Kawasaki motorcycles include a $300 farkle with the purchase. It doesn't need to be Kawasaki , I got Oxford heated grips roughly at cost as I installed them myself.Alos Barkbusters specific to the Versys, in my opinion superior to the Kawi style. I have a exceptionally honest dealer .

·
Super Moderator
19,640 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

Very excited about it. Although I would like to install a 12V Power Outlet. Does anyone know if I need to buy the relay as well?

John
It's easier IF you do, but NOT necessary (but it makes it pretty much plug-n-play).

Just suggest you add your own relay, and trigger it w/ something that's ONLY powered w/ ignition ON.

·
Premium Member
16,228 Posts
:welcome:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts