Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been off road bikes for about 10 years, but got the itch to get another one. I don't like cruisers, hard core sport bikes, or big touring bikes and from what I've read, the Versys 650 should be just what I wanted.

I was tempted to wait till the '17 Yamaha's come out to see if they introduce an FJ-07 similar to the FJ-09, but have always liked the Versys and found a clean '15 with 1400 miles on it for $4750, so I hopped on it.

Picking it up tomorrow.:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Live in Michigan, about 15 miles N of the MBS airport, and looking forward to another trip up to 119.:usa:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Welcome! Sounds like you got a great deal. From your description of what you're looking for in a bike, I think you'll be blown away at capability of your V650. The more you ride it, the more you'll like it. Post up pics when you get it and good luck!

·
Premium Member
16,191 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rode it home yesterday (+/- 50 miles) and all seems well.
I think I'm gonna' like it.:grin2:

I didn't really notice it at the dealer, but on the rear frame by the seat where a rack would bolt on, there are 2 allen screws in each side sticking out. Is this normal, or is there supposed to be a cover or something over them.(?) I wouldn't think Kawasaki would leave them exposed.
Or did the prior owner maybe have a rack on it?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
19,436 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

Yes - those set-screws are NOT original to the Gen 3 650s. That IS where a rack attaches, and I believe there were plastic plugs in the holes from Kawi.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts