Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loving the new 2014 green machine! All I can say so far is I don't know what people are talking about when it comes to vibrations on this bike because clearly they haven't rode a bike with vibration and I agree the gearing is too short I definitely think going down a tooth or two on the rear is in order. But overall I love it can't wait to ride to work tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of Versys. A 43 tooth rear sprocket was my choice and I like it just fine.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did a 70 mile round-trip to work today all interstate definitely loved it but here's my observation the windscreen need to be bigger and the seat needs to be more comfortable. I definite definitely can feel the slope forward that I read about. Any recommendations on the windshield?

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Grads on the new love... And if you thing a Versys vibrates to much ride a dirtbike for 2 years and you'll thing the Versys is silk

·
Registered
756 Posts
I have revised my personal thinking on the bike, I feel it more "buzzy" than actual vibrations, mostly in the bars and foot pegs at different rpms, some not at all, but regardless, it is WAY better now than before.

Oddly, I find the stock seat comfy and don't feel myself sliding up against the tank as some people say? I also find the stock windscreen to be fairly adequate, Only slightly more buffeting than my Buell which I considered excellent. When I put my cool weather gear on I'm all Michelin Man on the bike, and I catch wind no matter what!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I don't know what people are talking about when it comes to vibrations on this bike because clearly they haven't rode a bike with vibration
Agreed. Vibration? Try a Norton Atlas, a Matchless G80CS or even a Commando with the engine head steady un-attached (don't ask!). Those were shakers!

I rode the V for a full season with no handlebar weights after I removed the handguards that it came with. Swapped bikes with a friend and he complained about the bars vibrating. I purchased some used weights and put them on. Certainly smoother but I honestly wasn't bothered before. The Grip Buddies were a bigger improvement in comfort due to my big hands. I suspect that those who are bothered by handlebar vibration are riding with a death-grip on the bar.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Or try an old rigid mounted Harley. A friend of mine had a 99 night train I road that thing for a couple hours then after that I couldn't feel my arms anymore

·
Registered
186 Posts
Did a 70 mile round-trip to work today all interstate definitely loved it but here's my observation the windscreen need to be bigger and the seat needs to be more comfortable. I definite definitely can feel the slope forward that I read about. Any recommendations on the windshield?

I added a GIVI last week...put about 200 miles on it and I like it. Still some wind in the helmet area but I don't want complete calm...It's motorcycle, not a couch.:wink2:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts