Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded in my KLR for a Versy's and I'm astounded with the difference between the two rides. I liked the KLR as a pure duel sport, However, I was never crazy about the road manners. It seemed as though when riding 55 on the KLR... my speed always felt as if I was going 20 mph faster. After a 3 day 1100 mile trip a few weeks back... tired of chasinga wee-strom through NH to NY, I decided to get a new bike. I initially agreed to buy a Ducati Multistrada 620, however, I changed my mind from what I read about maint. cost.

From driving both the Versys and MTS 620- both bikes felt as though they were cousins. Here are a few of my obseravations.
1. The MTS while powerful, did not seem to have the instantaneous response my Versy's seems to have.
2. The windscreen was much buzzier on the MTS, height wise, the MTS is lower than the Versys and the Versys has higher handle bars..., I can actually ride on my dirt road standing/shifting while on the pegs... very stable on my rutted 5 mile dirt road.
3. The Versy's was also $1400 less than the MTS. While I believe the MTS620 and Versys are similiar in how they feel... There is no comparison to my old KLR. Just my opinion- Thanks for reading.

Mike

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Congrats on your new bike. I really think you will find a lot of things you really like as time goes by. The only complaint I have right now is that it is a little tall in the saddle as I have a 28" inseam. I've ordered a Corbin seat and Speedy's lowering piece so I think it will work out ok.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts