Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Closed the deal on a left over 15 V1K in black for $9699.00 OTD today. It was still in the crate, going to pick her up tomorrow afternoon. It's bad to just go window shopping, could not pass up that kind of deal.

Should make a good stable mate for 09 650 in Blue.

Reactions: zzzoren

·
Premium Member
16,227 Posts
:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Closed the deal on a left over 15 V1K in black for $9699.00 OTD today. It was still in the crate, going to pick her up tomorrow afternoon. It's bad to just go window shopping, could not pass up that kind of deal.

Should make a good stable mate for 09 650 in Blue.
Hey, Im in Greensboro too!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First impressions of the V1K, on the 25 miles ride home for the dealership, the bike is very nice. Once above parking lot speed, it handles very well. The seat is large and comfortable. The engine is very smooth, from ideal to 6K. The extra power was nice. First gear riding was a lot less jerky compared to the 650. To me, there was less vibes in the bar than the 650, I had no problems with the little there was.

It's Sunday morning, going to take her out today and put a few more miles on. Overall this buying experience was great, dealership treated me very well.

Reactions: weljo2001

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
756 Posts
Kevin Powell in Winston-Salem.
I got mine from them as well, It's the first time dealing with that dealership. I know one thing, those dang "Crazy Kevin Powell" commercials make me want to beat my head against a wall.
They have pretty horrible reviews, however most bad reviews are from people who struggle with credit etc. My experience was great, I went in, said Ill give you my Buell and a little cash for that Versys, dont want to talk financing, and had the deal made in 25 minutes. Then took my daughter off to college so I couldn't pick it up for 4 days afterwards. Pretty pleasant experience.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm with you on those commercials....But, like you said, they treated me great. Just one back and forth on the price, and it was settled. I also just wrote them a check for the bike. Took about an hour the first day doing all the paper work. Bike was ready for me Friday afternoon after work. I would and will go back to them when I'm shopping again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts