Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Nice picture, what did you do in place of the wind screen?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanx bill! We dont have side reflectors on our bikes in Sweden! Only rear is needed.

·
Super Moderator
19,138 Posts
I wonder if it would improve the picture if you had a "soft-box" above and to the right, a couple of stops less than the main lights?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think u maybe right, its on my shoppinglist, i used 2 flashes + the built in one on the camera. Ill see if i can get hold of a softbox. Have another bike that is in need of a photoshoot, ill se if i can try it on that.. :)

·
Super Moderator
19,138 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Don’t get me wrong and I really love my (our) V's but at the right angles it is sometimes the ugly duckling.

Nice light on your photo here but maybe not the most pleasing angle also agree with others that more light is needed on the right hand side of the frame. You can also use a reflector too. It will just punch a little more light into those dark areas that need a little more detail. If you have photoshop and shoot RAW files you can go in on the RAW file and use the fill-light slider tool. Maybe try moving the camera off to a 45-degree angle and try and use a 50 mm or greater lens. It looks like you may have used a wide-angle and it distorted the bike a little.

·
Premium Member
7,808 Posts
Took some pics of The V. Here is one that i am most pleased with.
Prefect short. shades of lights give a distinctive looks of the bike.
Use more of natural back ground and try early morning shorts to get the best of the background and light exposure.

:thumb::cheers:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanx for all the info and tips! Not to make excuses, but i was under time pressure. The pics was taken on a live construction site, and i had to work fast. But i will go there again and try one more time! Thanx again for all the input! :):)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts