Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to my Local touratech dealer tomorrow to place the order for phase one of adversys. Ordering crash bars, headlight guard, rad guard, exhaust guards, hand guards in black, breathable seat, GPS mount, holder and power for my montana GPS, windshield spoiler, Pro taper SE atv mid bars, All LED lights, HID 35w headlights, and few other things I forget at this time....I should have this by the time I get back from Nova Scotia on holiday with my wife.

Then the install and the ordering of phase 2. 17/19 woodys in black with gold hubs, hyperpro streetbox, sw motech engine guard, denali Long distance LED lights, mounts, bags connection tank bag, and 3 trax cases to replace my JC whitney specials. Adding the adventure table, fuel and water holders and lid bags as well.

Phase three is Mainly DMV Dimotiv parts in gold, engine guards, spools, levers, some carbon fiber bits like speedo trim, mirrors, oil and engine plugs, new sprocket cover at the motor, Wide black and gold foot pegs for rider and passenger, gold mirror wideners, tank grip, and replaceing all my bolts with gold pieces. Like I said, this part is bling mostly.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Are you adding Crash Bars/Engine Guards during each phase? Is their a difference between the two?

Sounds like a nice list of farkles. I can't wait to see the finished product.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are different parts, the crash bars are for the upper part of the bike around the rads, the sw motech engine guard is the skid plate for the front/bottom of the bike, and the Dimotiv engine guards are for the side cases of the motor.

I will get some links for you here.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Touratech crash bars

http://shop.touratech-canada.com/crash-bar-for-kawasaki-versys-650.html

Sw motech engine guard

http://www.twistedthrottle.ca/sw-motech-aluminum-engine-guard-skidplate-kawasaki-versys-650-07

DMV engine guards

http://www.dmv.com.tw/html/front/bin/ptdetail.phtml?Part=DI-EPC-KA-03R&Category=352323

I am becoming a dealer for the dimotiv stuff as soon as I get my shop opened up. Anyone wanting anything let me know. Besides their crashbars and aux lights every part that they have available for my bike will be on my bike for showcase purposes. I would use their crash bars but I want the touratech headlight guard so I need to use their bars.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You will have the world's most interesting Versys, my friend! ;-)
thanks. I sold my Killer to get the versys, and I miss some of the utility that it provided so im going to transform my versys into a quasi-KLR. I should have about 80-90 percent of the off road ability but with more on road ability with the better motor.

I know after I get my versys done I am buying another KLR. Just something about the big single, and thumping out in the backcountry. They grow on you. Then when the wife wants to go as well, we can jump on the versys and be super comfortable. She is also showing interest in riding too, so we were looking at KLX 250s yesterday. I hope she gives the go ahead to buy one.

It will be fun to have a 4 kawi stable then!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its also being used as a showcase of what I can do in my shop, and the products I can offer. That is the other reason im getting this stuff.

It will be a rolling advertisment for my business.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Its also being used as a showcase of what I can do in my shop, and the products I can offer. That is the other reason im getting this stuff.

It will be a rolling advertisment for my business.
I was gonna say....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts