Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.... Looks like my budget has taken a sudden turn for the broke! I recently purchased a Muzzys Stainless Slip-on, BMC High Flow Filter and PowerCommander PC-III USB for my 2008 Versys that I likely will not be using. I would like to sell it as a single package, but will consider parting it out if need be.
I paid the following:
Pipe -- $290 plus shipping
PC-III and Filter-- $345 plus shipping
Total paid -- $669 with shipping charges

My loss is your gain, I will sell it all for $650 shipped. Keep in mind, it is ALL brand new and never installed, barely even opened. The Power Commander comes pre-programmed, but I would recommend downloading a few maps from DJ's website to try till something is perfect.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, so I am finding it hard to believe that no one wants to upgrade their Versys and the Filter and PC-III are required for that.... If anyone wants those pieces or the exhaust or any combination, make me an offer!!!

·
Registered
451 Posts
try your local craigslist.com

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
While I do appreciate the interest in the items, I would be more apt to install everything and sell the bike with the mods then to let stuff go for such a loss as these offers suggest! If anyone has a real offer, like over $600, then let me know....otherwise, thanks, but no thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've modded about 10 bikes in my life with the exhaust and such and have come to realize you only get a small percentage of that back when you sell it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That may be true, but I am not about to take a $250 hit for nothing. At least until I opt to sell the bike I will be able to enjoy riding with the accessories. If anyone would like to make a realistic offer, nows your chance. Otherwise, I will likely install it all this weekend!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Im glad to see you read the post then.......... Maybe a quote will help you.......

"""My loss is your gain, I will sell it all for $650 shipped.""":D

And then I posted again after your first offer and clarified, offers over $600.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm telling you that my perception was that you were desperate and taking all offers. The quote you referenced was from 4/25 then on 4/28 you said "Ok, so I am finding it hard to believe that no one wants to upgrade their Versys and the Filter and PC-III are required for that.... If anyone wants those pieces or the exhaust or any combination, make me an offer!!!" Maybe your own quote will help you understand the offer.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Dan the general rule is 50% of retail on used parts. Used is defined as "not purchased from an authorized dealer with warranty protection".

I'm not saying your stuff is not worth it, just suggesting that you should enjoy it for a while, it's going to be worth the same $ next year as today.

Ride on......

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Dan the general rule is 50% of retail on used parts. Used is defined as "not purchased from an authorized dealer with warranty protection".

I'm not saying your stuff is not worth it, just suggesting that you should enjoy it for a while, it's going to be worth the same $ next year as today.

Ride on......
Hmm... never heard of that rule. I always thought it was whatever the market will bear (or is it bare), whatever people are willing to pay, & all that. This is America, capitalism & what-not... :D:D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Depends on whether you are talking to an economist or a statistician.
One looks at factors affecting the future, the other measures the past.:)

I guess it also depends on whether you are buying or selling.

So I guess I was giving the buying statistician rule.

·
Registered
69 Posts
SNIP
Pipe -- $290 plus shipping
PC-III and Filter-- $345 plus shipping
Total paid -- $669 with shipping charges

My loss is your gain, I will sell it all for $650 shipped. Keep in mind, it is ALL brand new and never installed, barely even opened. The Power Commander comes pre-programmed, but I would recommend downloading a few maps from DJ's website to try till something is perfect.
No offense, but if all that stuff was worth the $650 you ask, then it would certainly be worth the extra $20 to get it new and with no possible warranty issues from a reputable dealer. Even at $600 I would probably go for the stuff "new."

Install it and enjoy it, or accept that you're going to take it in the shorts--unless you ebay! People pay stupid prices for stuff on ebay, but there has to be a market, and if this stuff is Versys-specific, then there's not a big enough market out there yet. If it works on the Ninja as well, then maybe you'll get lucky. :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts