Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a big deal but kinda irks me, has any body tried those "black out" car bumper remedies? I don't want to make it worse.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would look for something that protects against UV. The bumper protection stuf works pretty good, but I would look for something that you can spray versus applying with a rag. I think you would find the spray would look better after application. Try the company Stoner. They make a lot of products.

I have pelican saddlebags, and so far they are holding their color pretty good.

Where do you live? If you live in an area that has high UV indexes, then plastics will fade quicker. I lived in New Mexico for three years, and noticed things fading quicker than normal.

Just my two cents

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live in Central Florida

which most of the time feels like I'm an ant, and there's this giant kid with a magnifying glass drawing a beam on me.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
When the tops of my E21s get boot scuffed and marked up, I take black Kiwi shoe polish to them. Oh, the things the Army teachs you.:) It always makes them look new again.

I also scuffed/scratched the corner of a side case in a zero speed drop. I sanded the deep scuffs down with a fine grit, which turned the whole spot a faded grey. Out came the old shoe polish and it looks like new again. Cheap fix too.

:goodidea:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When the tops of my E21s get boot scuffed and marked up, I take black Kiwi shoe polish to them. Oh, the things the Army teachs you.:) It always makes them look new again.

I also scuffed/scratched the corner of a side case in a zero speed drop. I sanded the deep scuffs down with a fine grit, which turned the whole spot a faded grey. Out came the old shoe polish and it looks like new again. Cheap fix too.

Thanks, I'll try that.

·
Super Moderator
19,119 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts

The carefully use of a heat gun helps blend in scratches. This is a trick a panel beater told me. Works good especially on the " wrinkly" textured surfaces.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts