Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen posts of pelican side cases on V's. any pic's and tips on how to mount the things?

·
Registered
842 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was trying to stay in the cheep side of hard lugage, i priced the mounts and pelican 1450 lugage. not too bad at about $500

looked at the caribou site :eek: dang thats getting expensive!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Roger at Caribou installs nice matching locks and I feel he prices fairly for cases that will take a LOT of abuse and bolt on easily. I believe he uses Hepco-Becker racks for his setup. If damaged, replacement cases are inexpensive. I'm not sure you could say that about aluminum cases. Pelicans will not rip your gear mounting/dismounting like I've heard some of the metal units do (good for old duffers like me who sometimes have an issue getting my leg over the bike:D). Roger is a great guy and is willing to discuss your needs and tells you the truth, straight up. Happy Trails also sells a Pelican setup, but I don't know what their pricing is like. My inclination is to get the strongest racks I can find, then worry about the cases. There's evidence a good case system can minimize injury to you and your bike in a fall.

You are only limited by your ingenuity and skills. Any number of options are available for cases. Some people even use ammo cans, but they weigh a ton.

V-Zee

·
Registered
582 Posts
Less than 400$ Givi sidecarriers and Givi E21's

Attachments

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Happy-trail.com sells their mounting pucks for $50. Works with any rack system. Twisted Throttle also has a quick mount system for the motech racks and they package them with pelican cases.

I happen to think the HT rack system is a good one and will be ordering one soon.

I haven't bought here yet, but they have all the cases, all sizes, at good prices: www.4lessdepot.com. Some cool camping gear too.

I also think the pelican cases are the best thing going out there, but there are a lot adventure riders with a ton of different setups. Search is your friend.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im really liking the pelican cases on Happy trails racks. I like the idea of pelican cases over panniers, just that when(not if) i go over they will not be severely damaged. And if they are severely damaged there is a warranty.

Also if i do ever decide to switch bikes, or luggage, i can still use the cases.

·
Registered
192 Posts
just doing my research..

i already have a couple of old pelicans to use, so i'm a step ahead in that regard.

for those of you looking for a less expensive alternative, one of my vstrom buddies has a set of seahorse brand cases on his ride. great quality and much less expensive than the pelicans. he's dropped his wee a bunch of times in the woods and never done more damage than a scratch or 5 :)

check prices here (i have no affiliation)

http://www.seahorsecasesonline.com/Default.aspx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts