Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm planning on getting a new hugger for the V and don't know what would look better with my new color scheme. I painted the radiator cowling panels, the side kick panels and the wheels Black to match the other textured plastic on the bike. See the attached photo.

Should I I get the Carbon Fiber Ermax hugger or do the Black and paint it Passion Red to match the tank and front fender? Any photoshop wizards??

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
That thing is SHARP. Depending on your exhaust, if you have carbon fiber, I would go with carbon fiber. If not I would stick with just black. amotostuff.com has nice Pyramid huggers. I am however torn between leaving black or painting it red. I think I would leave it black, simply because that is a tough looking bike the way you have it. This may have been covered already, but what did you use to paint the wheels.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks motorbum!:yeahsmile:
I painted the wheels with Duplicolor Acrylic Enamel in Glossy Black. Took a whole day to do because of all the prep and masking work, but it was worth it. I was going to use Duplicolor's Aluminum Wheel Paint, but they don't make it in Black from what I could find at the local O'Reilly's, Auto Zone, and Advanced Auto Parts shops, so I went with acrylic enamel because it's supposed to be harder than standard auto or Krylon paint....

For the plastic pieces I used Krylon Fusion.....

On the hugger, I eventually want the Ixil or Two Bros. carbon fiber slip-on exhaust and plan to add some CF accents over the Black plastic dash and the gas tank door, so I guess I've gotta start with CF somewhere.....:thumb:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I wish I had to the testicular fortitude to paint mine. I am afraid that I would screw it up. If your going with a carbon fiber exhaust, definitely cf hugger. And yes check out 08's own fabed exhaust. It's a beast.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Looks damn good, I would paint the hugger red to balance out the color scheme. It would give a more balanced look to the whole bike. :thumb::thumb:
I second that....red hugger....

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wordguy,

Where did you get the rad passion paint? Is that the pyramid hugger? I love the red and it seems to balance the bike perfectly. That's what I want.

Oh, that looks like a huge man standing behind your bike.

Kster

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wordguy,

Where did you get the rad passion paint? Is that the pyramid hugger? I love the red and it seems to balance the bike perfectly. That's what I want.

Kster
I found a color code for the Kawasaki Passion Red. Sherwin Williams Code No.: 76835 - 2nd Dimension Paint, Includes clear. I just shot my fender and it came out pretty well I think, matches OE Paint right on.:thumb: I purchased all the Plastic CLEANER SOAP, PRE-PREP & ADHESION PROMOTER, plus a PINT of PAINT with REDUCER and HARDNER for a cost of about $80.00. I used a PREVAL Sprayer that worked amazingly well - see web site: http://www.prevalspraygun.com/howto.htm .

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looking at Wordguy's pictures and I like, now I'm torn.....That does look really good....:confused::eek:. I do need to get some Passion Red paint to fix the scratches I put on the tank two weeks ago when I laid it over. I was in the garage, putting the kickstand down and lost my footing under the bike....Down I went...:thumbdown::(:mad::(:thumbdown:.....pissed me off!
The third day I had the V.....
You guys are right, it would provide some balance against the new Black color scheme......

·
Registered
185 Posts

I got the paint from Color Rite. I had to get a base coat, the red color, and a clear top coat. I also bought their primer. All in rattle cans, cost about $100. There was enough paint to do the hugger and a front fender extender, plus maybe a tiny bit left over.

It's not the Pyramid hugger, it's this one from Twin Shack in the UK :thumb:. I think the manufacturer is Poly 23 or something? It doesn't say on their site.

It is a huge man behind the bike :yeahsmile: -- I took the photo for a scavenger hunt. here's the full shot:

-Alan

·
Registered
185 Posts
Touch up

I do need to get some Passion Red paint to fix the scratches I put on the tank two weeks ago when I laid it over... in the garage,
I think Color Rite has touch up "pens" too. I've never used them. But I was happy with the paint I got from them.

I think the red hugger would look awesome with your black body work. I may do that (black) if I ever scratch them up.

-Alan

·
Registered
387 Posts
Willie, I painted my hugger Passion Red. I think it came out pretty nice.

-Alan
That's the same hugger I just got and my friend is painting it red for me! I should have pics in a few days. Also, he's painting the OEM saddle bag trim red as well.

Had the paint custom made by Industrial Finishes - FAR Cheaper than Colorite or Sherwin Williams!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Pyramid Hugger/fenda Extenda

Juat thought I would post what I did to mine today . Hard to find the hugger I wanted . Thought I wanted red , but turns out I really like the black one . It is sort of hidden in there and with saddle bags , who is gonna see it anyway ?

Attachments

·
Registered
573 Posts
Willie, is that a lifted nissan titan i see in the garage?1 Post some photos of that if you please. I am a nissan fan. I have a 6 inch lift on my xterra, and a titan front diff in it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.