Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I currently ride a BMW K75, but am considering a new Versys. My wife likes to ride as passenger, and we've begun to explore longer rides (weekends away), but to do that, a comfortable seat and luggage is a must. Could someone please comment on the Versys' ability to accommodate hard bags, trunk, and a passenger. In other words, is the trellis frame strong enough to allow all three ... I weigh 190lbs, my wife 130lbs, + whatever luggage for a weekend might be ... say, 100lbs. Thanks!
Rudy

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm 6'4" 240lbs and my wife is 125lbs and 5'5" and we've did a 4 day trip last fall just after we got the bike. It was no problem handling the weight, I just made sure the suspension was dialed al the way up. I have the OEM Givi side bags and custom made rack that holds a Kappa K28 Top Case. With the bike being new in Canada last year, there was not a lot of after market parts so I had the rack made. It actually worked out really well and am looking to get a larger Kappa top case to give me more room. I think the bike will serve you very well for what you want to do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts