Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to get HIDs.

Anyone have some recommendations?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was following an Alabama Power truck when he strattled a deer carcus. I ran straight through it at 50 mph. Very nasty. I smelled cooked meat every time I stoped. Very nasty....

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
HID's are brighter but they may not be tuned to the stock reflector cup and may just end up with more glare for the opposing traffic. Best is to get one that are matched, like a projector type.

Else, install an auxiliary spot beam.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I put a DDM Tuning single HID bulb. It's a 55 watt ballast with 4500K temperature for a pure white light with none of that blue nonsense. I put it in the stock headlight (not high beam) and it works very well. Light output is dramatically better and there is no glare thrown at oncoming traffic. The light beam is still flat and level. Been using it at night for several weeks now and I haven't been flashed nor have I seen the light brightening anybody's face.

Not sure if earlier years have different headlight designs, but the 2012 V seems to be perfectly fine with HIDs in the stock housing, something that normally I would be very firmly against.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts