Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since purchasing my '09 Versys I've begun to follow the bread crumb trail the previous owner left behind. There is a Powerlet socket mounted right behind the seat on the left side and wired into switched power. There is a fairly old model Two Brothers exhaust. Finally there is a set of heated grips with iffy wiring and a toggle switch in the dash that only works in Low.

The one thing I cannot for the life of me figure out is this small black box mounted in the left front fairing.

There is a USB port sticking out that doesn't work and it looks to be wired well and plugged into the loom, maybe going down to a sensor.

I haven't had the chance to pull the fairings to get a better idea of the wiring or what it could possibly be wired into. There is also no markings on the box. I even did a Google reverse image search that didn't help.

Anyone recognize this part? The bike runs like its tuned will for the exhaust, which makes me think it's a power controller or A/F controller but I'd like to place the brand to get exact info on what the product does.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
I believe it is just an ebay USB power box attached to the fairing. I'll bet if you follow the wires they go to the stock power port wires. Previous owner probably plugged in his phone or GPS to it. Maybe open it up and see if there is anything fancy in it, probably not.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I believe it is just an ebay USB power box attached to the fairing. I'll bet if you follow the wires they go to the stock power port wires. Previous owner probably plugged in his phone or GPS to it. Maybe open it up and see if there is anything fancy in it, probably not.
+1. It must be a 12v to 5v converter for usb charging.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts