Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two weeks ago I ended up parking the bikes for the season, I was a bit hard headed riinge this late but there were nice (OK tolerable days) but that came to a nasty end. With snow and ice the lows of 4-5 and highs in the teens I gave in.

It's been a up and down year for me and working 3rd shift I don't post much but I do lurk.

The Versys is still my main ride and I have it where I want it, once I change the brake lines...been to lazy to get it done even though they are just sitting here.

I picked up a 2008 Royal Enfield 500 Bullet in a non running condition, in truth it was in boxes, as a project and it's back running but poorly as the timing was way off and the carbs a lost cause but I have a new one just didn't want to install in before winter.

I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Time

PS I like the new Baby Versys might have to talk my lady into one so I can ride it! Right now she has a Ninja 300 and that little sucker scoots and she's can keep up with me no problem...I sometimes have a hard time keeping up with her though!

·
Registered
214 Posts
You outlasted me sir. I parked mine a month ago here in northern Indiana. I did ride the Wing to work for another week(also thirds), but I also run long johns under my Kathmandu suit and heated gloves. As long as there is no ice on the road it's a sweet ride. But still comes the day we have to put them away. I grieve with you.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I haven't ridden in at least 3 weeks but I refuse to "store" the bike. It will sit there waiting for the next semi-nice day. It's supposed to be over 32F for the entire week so maybe the snow will get melted off the roads and I can get a two wheel fix.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Was supposed to take mine in last Tuesday for some clutch work, and the roads got too slick with a coating of snow. Then the temp dropped all week. got it over there on Saturday in a light rain. I have been keeping mine up available for use for the past 3 winters, and always try to get out on 1/1 or the first Saturday of Sunday of the year. Why? so I can say I did. Our weather down here is Cincinnati is much milder than the beautiful Toledo area. See you in the Spring, Time. Have fun with the winter projects. I know I have a few. M E R R Y C H R I S T M A S !!!

·
Super Moderator
19,640 Posts
Despite the "AWFUL" weather here in southern AZ, I rode about 50 miles today....

I'll "try" again in a day or two....

:huh:

;).....:stickpoke:

·
Premium Member
16,228 Posts
Got up to 68 degrees today. So took the bike to the bank then over for some BBQ....>:)>:)

·
Registered
972 Posts
Despite the "AWFUL" weather here in southern AZ, I rode about 50 miles today....

I'm thinking of hooking up the 5th wheel (bike in the back-toy hauler) in January/February and heading south for a month or two. Louisiana would be the destination. A friend there says it's should be nice (about 80 miles north of New Orleans).

·
Registered
239 Posts
Cincinnati here.

LOOK AT THE WEATHER FOR CHRISTMAS AND THE DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS.

I am not putting it away yet...

Also - Versys does NOT do well off-road in mud in 10 degree temps :(!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Two weeks ago I ended up parking the bikes for the season, I was a bit hard headed riinge this late but there were nice (OK tolerable days) but that came to a nasty end. With snow and ice the lows of 4-5 and highs in the teens I gave in.

It's been a up and down year for me and working 3rd shift I don't post much but I do lurk.

The Versys is still my main ride and I have it where I want it, once I change the brake lines...been to lazy to get it done even though they are just sitting here.

I picked up a 2008 Royal Enfield 500 Bullet in a non running condition, in truth it was in boxes, as a project and it's back running but poorly as the timing was way off and the carbs a lost cause but I have a new one just didn't want to install in before winter.

I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Time

PS I like the new Baby Versys might have to talk my lady into one so I can ride it! Right now she has a Ninja 300 and that little sucker scoots and she's can keep up with me no problem...I sometimes have a hard time keeping up with her though!
I too feel your Ohio cold weather pain as I'm just North of Columbus.
In addition to the cold weather limiting the riding season, my wife and I are in the process of down sizing and an upcoming move.
I, my friend, will have to set my sights firmly on spring.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
873 Posts
I was considering winterizing my bikes last night also. Then this morning on the way to work at 24 degrees out, I spot a Harley out for a ride. No windscreen either. Brrrrr! I'm thinking maybe I got one more ride coming before the cold sets in for good. We should see mid 40's here in NJ this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
19,640 Posts
...Also - Versys does NOT do well off-road in mud in 10 degree temps :(!
IF I can comment: "Versys does NOT do well off-road in mud... PERIOD!".

·
Registered
3,419 Posts

Awful in Arizona must mean it's below 80 degrees! :laugh:

·
Registered
638 Posts
Cincinnati here.
LOOK AT THE WEATHER FOR CHRISTMAS AND THE DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS.
I am not putting it away yet...
:(!
Hey Urban, it looks like it will be quite warm, but rainy. I'm picking my V up tomorrow afternoon from Cadre as they finished straightening out my clutch cable issue today.

I'll ride another day next week and definitely on 1/1 if it's dry. I just met another V rider here on the forum from the east side of town. I will send you a PM with my contact data.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, it won't matter to me as I'm flying out to Tampa Friday to spend Christmas with family. I checked the weather there and it looks like I'll have to suffer through, high 70s and low 80s with lots of sunshine...BUT it's a cross I'll just have to deal with. :grin2:

I even got nonstop tickets both ways and at just over 2 hours flight time beats that 18-20 hour grind if I were to drive. PLUS the flight cost about OR less than driving with gas, meals and a room both ways. And I can use my sisters car for little running around so I won't have to rent one.

HOWEVER the Versys is close to the door and I can have it off the pit stands and unplugged in less than two minutes and be out to door if things get nice enough here. :wink2:

·
Registered
638 Posts
Well, it won't matter to me as I'm flying out to Tampa Friday... looks like I'll have to suffer through, high 70s and low 80s with lots of sunshine...BUT it's a cross I'll just have to deal with.
:
Maybe you should take some gear with you and rent a bike for a day or two. ENJOY, and have a very Merry Christmas!!!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Maybe you should take some gear with you and rent a bike for a day or two. ENJOY, and have a very Merry Christmas!!!
I take it you've never been to Tampa at Christmas? I wouldn't ride a bike there for all the tea in China. Heck I'd don't think I'd feel safe in an M1A on some of the major roads with all the last minute shoppers tearing down the roads every which way without lick of sense between them.

·
Super Moderator
19,640 Posts
Awful in Arizona must mean it's below 80 degrees! :laugh:
Arion - HIGH forecast for the next week (here in Florence) starting w/ today: 64; 62; 61 rain; 53 lt. rain; 58; and 64. Christmas is the 53 and lt. rain, and it's been raining for the last couple of days, so - NO off-road or dirt!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts