Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

Windshields are IMHO the most difficult item to sort out on just about any bike. When I was 17 it didn't occure to me, now a bit older (58) it is probably THE most important aspect to enjoying a bike on the open road.

Long story short the Parabellum is fantastic.

I'm 5'-8" and bought the shorter of the two...21" I believe. Fiddled with it in the lower positions then in the upper...sweet! 280 miles yesterday and no fatigue from buffeting doing 65-85 (indicated) mph on 2 lane highways w/ semi trucks each way and moderate (5-10 mph) cross winds. No, it is not a gold wing or an rt which is (for me) a good thing.

FWIW I found the stock screen useless, seriously preferred it not on the bike. Way too much cross-wind buffeting, drove me crazy.

Yes the parabellum is fugly, but so is the Versus so all is well. Function over Form. Maybe some day the Mfgs. will figure it out. In the meantime the Parabellum works for me. Note...if over 5'-9" you might be better off w/ the taller 23 inch version.

Shiny side up,

Tom in AZ.
http://s1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc509/puttman2011/?action=view&current=IMG_0049.jpg
http://s1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc509/puttman2011/?action=view&current=IMG_0050-1.jpg
http://s1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc509/puttman2011/?action=view&current=IMG_0051-1.jpg

·
Premium Member
16,152 Posts
Have to agree. I have the Tall Tinted Parabellum.I'm 6'2" and have a Tall Baldwin The Parabellum Ain't Purdy But Its Works Great..

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Met a V (2011) owner with this shorter version screen. He has nothing but praises for it. Great thing about it is the ease in making adjustment to the tilt angle and height. Has a little cross bar across the screen for mounting GPS devices.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Have to agree. I have the Tall Tinted Parabellum.I'm 6'2" and have a Tall Baldwin The Parabellum Ain't Purdy But Its Works Great..
Damn, that thing is tall :eek:

It does look like it provides a lot of wind protection though. One of these days I'll finally get tired of helmet buffeting and replace the MRA Vario - but I still can't decide what to replace it with. Maybe the shorter version of your windscreen. :D

I'm having the same problem I have with vehicles. I would realy like a vehicle that will tow 4000 pounds and get 35 miles per gallon doing it. Not bloody likely!! :mad:

By the way, does anyone have a good source for the shoulder washers (or whatever they're rightly called) and screws/nuts for windshield mounting?

·
Premium Member
16,152 Posts
Damn, that thing is tall :eek:

By the way, does anyone have a good source for the shoulder washers (or whatever they're rightly called) and screws/nuts for windshield mounting?

You can get OEM from cheapcycle.com or bikebandit.com or the dealership.When i did my Givi Stock Screen bit i went to a true value hardware and picked up what i needed to make due with. But if i did it again i would go with Stainless Steel bolts and nuts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts