Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Versys 1000
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered from 2 different dealers here in the U.S.. The Kawasaki number for the Service Manual is 99832-0018-04, that number covers 2019 thru 2021 (I got the same number from 5 dealers).

Like I said I ordered from 2 dealers, one charged $125 and change, it was on order for about 10 days and they notified me they did not have enough stock to complete the order. The other one charged $150 and was on order a little over 2 weeks and sent me a note saying Mother Kawi said it was a no no to sell it in the U.S.! Both dealers refunded.

www.service-shop-repair-manual.com

Shipped me one for $53.50, including shipping! 800+ beautiful pages, I would have rather had one on my computer, (doesn't take as long to look things up) but at least I have one. You can get a download from eBay, but check the print date or contact the seller, it is most likely a '15-'18 if it sells for about $15 bucks. And the SOB offers you 2 bucks back if you say anything about him advertising it being for a 2019! I'm not going to tell you how I know this!

Happy riding.....jimd

·
Registered
540 Posts
I am not sure why manufacturers are so unhelpful with service manuals these days but I can tell you that the one you bought, and virtually every other service manual not from an authorised dealer is a pirated copy of an original.
Not always an issue except that detailed images are often blurred and wiring diagrams etc are virtually unreadable.

·
Administrator
192 Posts
My copy came at the brink of the start of crooked sellers and there are lots even on Amazon .com --You looking at getting a windows 10 software -yes just kiss your money goodbye.

First, Times Change-what worked when the 2015 V650 came out-may not work now - I am not looking for starting another pandemic thread and maybe this should be a poll

·
Administrator
192 Posts
So as it stands right now-this complete Kawasaki Versys Forum -can be viewed and searched by anyone-a recent proposal got shot down- Don't ask--What I have done is made the Technical Discussions / How To-- our primary resource for a help forum, all threads are open for discussion ( presently there is a redirect on many threads which will vanish in a month) - given time - the threads with 5 or more yes I did that too -will get copied back to the How To Forum, and the thread will be closed, and the result will be a condensed version of the original thread-this is very time consuming - so possibly a year to complete.

When I purchased my new Versys-the dealer was hard-pressed to find an owners manual- he found one-many guys just toss it someplace and forget about it-there is valuable info inside, push pins, how to remove the plastic=auxilliary power bullet connectors-guys post on the forum only to find out the info was at their fingertips the whole time

My experience to date, what was available free 6 years ago, is now $$$ owners manuals go missing, having a dealer charge for a PDF version - well I have my opinion -I am asking for input-should we just delete that info??

So several question, more to come in a day, for now, should pirated copies of service and owner manual links, just be deleted?

·
Registered
2017 Versys-X 300
84 Posts
The older that our bikes get the more valuable these manuals are to the present owner. If these manuals are no longer in print then I feel that the original publisher has given up the rights to it. I don't feel that it is fair to the bike owners to be without this valuable info. IMHO.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I downloaded the service manual PDF free from a link on the forum here if I remember correctly. Very handy but a bit dry for following. You learn to "think" Japanese in their manuals, no nonsense. Im used to it after decades of Japanese electronics in music gear and a Japanese ex-wife!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I downloaded the service manual PDF free from a link on the forum here if I remember correctly. Very handy but a bit dry for following. You learn to "think" Japanese in their manuals, no nonsense. Im used to it after decades of Japanese electronics in music gear and a Japanese ex-wife!
I did the same, sent the file to a FedEx store and had it printed and bound for $45.

Having worked in manufacturing for two Japanese companies I know what you mean about the language.
Honda’s philosophy was that if anyone in assembly/repair misunderstood their instructions or diagrams it was the engineers fault for not explaining it well enough. The result was to idiot-proof everything which led to technical writing that was somehow extremely detailed yet still incredibly vague

1 - 9 of 9 Posts