Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
T-Rex pannier guards are out-of-stock with no date for re-stocking. I am looking for alternatives for my 2017 V-1000 LT.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
T-Rex pannier guards are out-of-stock with no date for re-stocking. I am looking for alternatives for my 2017 V-1000 LT.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
Did they say they have no intention of making any more?

I didn't really need all their products for my Van Van 200, but since it is only a two year bike to the states I had to jump on their offerings while I could.

Did the same thing when I bought my Vulcan Voyager back in 2010. Bought every Kawasaki accessory I could because I knew that Kawasaki makes one or two runs and then that is all folks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did they say they have no intention of making any more?

I didn't really need all their products for my Van Van 200, but since it is only a two year bike to the states I had to jump on their offerings while I could.

Did the same thing when I bought my Vulcan Voyager back in 2010. Bought every Kawasaki accessory I could because I knew that Kawasaki makes one or two runs and then that is all folks.
They did offer the option to be emailed when the parts were restocked, so my assumption is that it will be available at some point. My guess is that COVID-19 has interfered with the supply chain, but it could be a long time before that is back to normal.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
They did offer the option to be emailed when the parts were restocked, so my assumption is that it will be available at some point. My guess is that COVID-19 has interfered with the supply chain, but it could be a long time before that is back to normal.
Maybe, but I got my Van Van parts in April. They probably try and make a run based on want and previous sales.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ran into the same problem. Out of stock!! They said they are still going to make this, but supply issues. They'll call when it gets back in stock.
In the mean time, I'm gonna use body side moulding (available on Ebay) as a bumper. Comes with 3M tape on the back and various widths and thicknesses. May end up not even buying T-Rex's guards.
Here's a pic of what I'm gonna use.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ran into the same problem. Out of stock!! They said they are still going to make this, but supply issues. They'll call when it gets back in stock.
In the mean time, I'm gonna use body side moulding (available on Ebay) as a bumper. Comes with 3M tape on the back and various widths and thicknesses. May end up not even buying T-Rex's guards.
Here's a pic of what I'm gonna use.

View attachment 179456
That's a good thought. Might not work too well if you go down at anything faster than a tip over, but it's certainly better than nothing, and the price is right.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Agreed. Won’t save much in a slide but should handle a drop. That is, of course, until T-Rex gets back with the product.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Question - if the bike tips over at a standstill, will frame sliders keep the OEM panniers off the ground?

·
Super Moderator
19,002 Posts
...Question - if the bike tips over at a standstill, will frame sliders keep the OEM panniers off the ground?....
I KNOW this is the '1000' portion - but on my V650LT my left pannier broke up in a ZERO mph fall-over.

·
Super Moderator
19,002 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,002 Posts
I HAD pics in the "photo section" that we HAD on this site BEFORE everything was "improved", so I have NO idea HOW to get to them, NOW!

·
Super Moderator
19,002 Posts
...Yikes. Although I think you can transfer over the colored tops can't you?...
Yes - fairly easily, tho' the thin colored "stripe" is GLUED on near as I can tell.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts