Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:
Have about 200 miles on my new bike and options on the way (crashbar, lights, etc.) Love the bike, except like others have said it's geared too low for my taste, so have 15 gear sprocket ready to install. Cheers, Fred

·
Premium Member
16,141 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Welcome to the site. I just recieved mine on Wednesday and have 50 miles on it and will get more today. I know what you mean about the high-reving since it is the first bike like this that I have had. I just installed my top case today and installed the X-Large CalSci windshield on Thursday. They both went on in about 15 mins each. The X-300 is very smooth and I found what others are saying about the seat...that it is very hard. Like you, I will have the 15 tooth sprocket installed but will have the shop do it at the 600 mile checkup. Congrats on your new bike.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hello:
Have about 200 miles on my new bike and options on the way (crashbar, lights, etc.) Love the bike, except like others have said it's geared too low for my taste, so have 15 gear sprocket ready to install. Cheers, Fred
What was the manufacture and part# for the 15 tooth sprocket? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
16,141 Posts
I have 2 sisters in Dorchester. I use to live in Moncks Corner, Summerville, Dorchester and Yemassee...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi All:
I went with JT Sprockets JTF1539.15, which is equivalent to 520.15. It's the identical sprocket the Ninja 300 uses. If you order from Amazon, note it will tell you it is incompatible with the Versys-X 300.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pannier Choice

Hi All:
New member here-wondering if you installed panniers and/or a topcase on your Versys, what you went with, why and your experience to date. Pictures would be great.
Cheers, Fred

1 - 13 of 13 Posts