Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys. i saw a thread by someone who had painted his windshield black but can't find him now. has any of you have tinted it with film or spray? i want to tint my stock one black but dont know how exactly? anybody could give me a hint?

·
Registered
813 Posts
When I was using my stock screen it was painted black. I just used Krylon Fusion Spray Paint on the inside, it worked fine. And the screen is small enough to where you don't need to look through it, so I had no issues with my field of vision.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no. i was looking for a painted windscreen not flipped. thanks anyways. if you see a painted one please let me know. i need to know what spray they used.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
I'm just trying to help you. I guess I can do your searching for you. I know its a little confusing, the title says 'flipped', and you're looking for painted. Turns out, on page 2, there's a painted windscreen with sparse instructions. If that's not good enough, PM the guy (his name shouldn't be hard to find) & ask him more details.

There, I've 'let you know'.

From page 2:

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165&page=2

I just got my 2007 (new) Black Versys this morning. After checking the windscreen tinting it with film was not a solution, there's some embossed print inside the windscreen so it would probably come off in days. So I went to a car paint store and bought special transparent primer and custom mixed tinted clear coat. If you do use this technic, make sure to read the instructions. In my case it was only 2 minutes between the 2 primer layers, and then let it dry for 5-10 minutes maximum and then start the clear coat layers, with 10 minutes between each layer.

Ok here are a few pics: As you can see the windscreen is not transparent like if a film was used, but it will be more durable and with a windscreen that size you usually don't look through it when you ride. Total cost: about 25$

Notice his windscreen is NOT flipped...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I painted my windshield on the inside with fred meyers brand satin black paint. This was suggested to me by the local window tinting shop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts