Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am too tall to effectively see anything through the windscreen. I decided to paint it black. I have done this on a few bikes before with great results.

Here's a pic of my results.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Looks good. I have a spare stocker which I bought for this exact reason, just have not got around to it. Probably an off season project now.

Any tips on how to?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use krylon fusion paint. It's specific for plastic and very easy to use. I applied three coats with about half hour between for drying. If I can do it, anyone can.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I have heard many people say to paint it on the inside since the plastic is clear. This way the paint cant chip. Is that what you did?

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Very nice. And a four vehicle garage as well. Perhaps you would consider adopting me? :D

·
Registered
688 Posts
I like.

I'm going to have to do this mod this week.

What prep did you do to the windscreen? Tape off the edges? Sanding? Primer? Anything?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not to hijack but just an FYI, most auto parts stores sell a spray can called "Night Shades", may be Dupont. Its basically a candy black paint, semi-transparent. Its for painting tail-lights and such to darken them. So its made to be sprayed on plastic lenses. Should work very well for this application, I have used it before on tail-light/headlights and it worked fine. You can determine your darkness depending on how many coats you put on. Just keep the coats light and overlap atleast 50% and allow to dry between coats!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Or perhaps wuth plasti dip spray. Removeable and change colour anytime you want!

·
Registered
688 Posts
I did this mod a few weeks ago and love the look. I've also gotten many compliments from other people as well.

Quick, easy, cheap mod to a windscreen you don't look through anyway.

·
Premium Member
16,293 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts