Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a paint flaw on my Versys directly on top and centered on the front fender. It's about 1/4" across and is almost a perfect circle. I took it to my dealer and they ordered a new fender for me. When the new fender arrived it had the exact same flaw. Both I and the dealer were puzzled. They think it may be some kind of manufacturing or moulding mark. They are waiting to get another Versys in to see what that one looks like. Anybody else have this paint flaw? If it is a manufacturing/moulding mark it is really pitiful QC on Kawasaki's part. Despite that minor defect I absolutely love riding this bike. I've owned a lot of bikes over the years and this is one of the very best. I still think my '77 CB750F was my favorite, but the Versys is certainly one helluva motorcycle too. Why this thing isn't on every magazines 10 Best list is beyond me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I noticed it on the showroom floor on my bike, definitely a mold thing like a sprue (is a gate the same thing?). Not too concerened but a little bugged by it. For the price and performance of the V, I can tolerate it. The gouge I put in the tank paint with my belt buckle at 11 miles looks worse!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same on my green one. :eek: Noticed when I mounted my fenda extenda. Just a touch of touch up paint would be nice but where can I find that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts