Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped the bike today after stalling at take off. Haven't done that in 30 years! At first I was suspicious, as it happened as I was leaving the dealer after a service. Now that the anger has worn off, I'm resigned to the fact that it must have been operator error :(

Anyway, the left front indicator punched through the fairing, so it that fairing will need replacing. They replaced the clutch lever whilst I was still there which was handy. The fairing to the top and rear of the fairing that holds the indicator copped some minor scuffing. I'm hoping to perhaps sand this back and touch it up - any idea what paint code is the 2015 matt black?

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Dropped the bike today after stalling at take off. Haven't done that in 30 years! At first I was suspicious, as it happened as I was leaving the dealer after a service. Now that the anger has worn off, I'm resigned to the fact that it must have been operator error :(

Anyway, the left front indicator punched through the fairing, so it that fairing will need replacing. They replaced the clutch lever whilst I was still there which was handy. The fairing to the top and rear of the fairing that holds the indicator copped some minor scuffing. I'm hoping to perhaps sand this back and touch it up - any idea what paint code is the 2015 matt black?

You can fix the fairing fairly easily

Fix fairing with Plastex

Then use auto glazing compound to fill surface imperfections, sand with 800 grit

Apply 2 coats allowing to flash dry between coats, rubber bumper primer from spray can, allow to dry 48 hours, then sand with 800- 1200 grit

Apply color coat from custom mixed spray can bought from auto paint store, allow 48-72 hours drying time, sand with 1200 grit VERY lightly

Apply clear coats, allowing to flash dry between coats, clear coat bought from auto paint store is usually better quality than what comes from hardware store

Apply fine rubbing compound to remove ripple

Dealer can tell you paint code or you can look it up on Colorrite site. I use Krylon Plastic Paint in Flat Black for the flat black plastics on the bike. It makes them look like new.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts