Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have used a Painless similar to the one you linked and it was a high quality product. It had the wires and relay pre-wired and ready to connect to the bike. The attached relay and the permanently wired wires on the Painless made it more difficult to find a suitable, neat location for the installation. A product like the Centech AP1 or AP2 is very simple to wire only the circuits you need.
from their site:http://www.centechwire.com/Motorcycles_c15.htm
The AP-2 fuse panel is identical to the AP-1 panel with the exception that the AP-2 is divided into two electrical sections. The main section contains three fuses and feeds five outputs while the second section has two fuses and three outputs. The advantage of having two sections allows the enthusiast to have fused power available for devices which need constant battery power and those which need to be switched “OFF” with the ignition key.
The Versys doesn't have a lot of extra room for this stuff. I have added heated grips, stebel horn, Powerlet 12v BMW style outlet for heated clothing, phone and gps power. You can see I chose to mount the relay for the stebel separately. I have installed a Ballistic 8 cell EVO2 battery that only takes up 1/3rd the space of a traditional lead acid or AGM battery. You can see in the top left corner I still have some pre-run wires that I could connect to power for future use. The Gen 1 Versys has a 336 watt charging system so keep that in mind:thumb:

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Love my FuzeBlock. I am not a expert, and found it very easy to install.

I run my GPS, heated grips, battery tender, and several spots available for future use.

·
Super Moderator
19,023 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I have used a Painless similar to the one you linked and it was a high quality product. It had the wires and relay pre-wired and ready to connect to the bike. The attached relay and the permanently wired wires on the Painless made it more difficult to find a suitable, neat location for the installation. A product like the Centech AP1 or AP2 is very simple to wire only the circuits you need.
from their site:http://www.centechwire.com/Motorcycles_c15.htm

The Versys doesn't have a lot of extra room for this stuff. I have added heated grips, stebel horn, Powerlet 12v BMW style outlet for heated clothing, phone and gps power. You can see I chose to mount the relay for the stebel separately. I have installed a Ballistic 8 cell EVO2 battery that only takes up 1/3rd the space of a traditional lead acid or AGM battery. You can see in the top left corner I still have some pre-run wires that I could connect to power for future use. The Gen 1 Versys has a 336 watt charging system so keep that in mind:thumb:

Nice install Ydog:thumb: Do you happen to know the output of the V2 Versys?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts