Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Packtalk Slim and some upgraded speakers (U-Clear Digital, Pulse Speakers). I didn't pick any of this stuff out it was gifted to me so no complaints however would like to know if anyone else has tried a Packtalk Slim set? I just made a phone call using voice commands, which was really cool and the clarity of the call was excellent but... I'm sitting at my desk. While the volume was fine for home I thought it may not be so good on the bike at highway speeds. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
16,222 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, weijo, yep registered and upgraded the firmware first thing. Maybe my speakers are mounted too low. I didn't even have my earplugs in as it was just a test call. Tried music from my phone and radio too, it was okay but not super clear and certainly not enough volume. Just as a matter of fact, my hearing is quite good so that's not the problem.

·
Premium Member
16,222 Posts
Thanks, weijo, yep registered and upgraded the firmware first thing. Maybe my speakers are mounted too low. I didn't even have my earplugs in as it was just a test call. Tried music from my phone and radio too, it was okay but not super clear and certainly not enough volume. Just as a matter of fact, my hearing is quite good so that's not the problem.
Are the speakers set deep into the ear hole in the helmet liner if so you might have to fill the hole to get the speakers closer to your ears. My unit came with small round pillow like disk that attached by velcro in to the ear holes in the liner then you attach the speakers to the disk..

The extra disks are in the pack in the top left hand of the photo...

P1020099 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, I saw those pillows and have been wondering if that would help. I can feel the speakers against my ears but they are not pressing. I have an HJC RPHA 11 Pro. There are speaker pockets but they are not very deep. I will do some experimenting with position and depth to see if I can improve it. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts