Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I previously posted asking a question about wiring of the Oxford Heated Grips. But, I have another question for anyone with information of mounting the controller? The bracket that it came with wasn't able to mount to anything. I cut off the part that was meant to bolt in and just kept the square that screws in to the controller. For a temporary fix, I attached it to my handle bars with two zip ties. I'd like to come up with something more sturdy and secure. I thought I may go to a bicycle store and buy some sort of handlebar mount and fabricate it to the square plate. Any ideas and suggestions are appreciated. My bike is a 2016 Versys 650. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,103 Posts
I previously posted asking a question about wiring of the Oxford Heated Grips. But, I have another question for anyone with information of mounting the controller? The bracket that it came with wasn't able to mount to anything. I cut off the part that was meant to bolt in and just kept the square that screws in to the controller. For a temporary fix, I attached it to my handle bars with two zip ties. I'd like to come up with something more sturdy and secure. I thought I may go to a bicycle store and buy some sort of handlebar mount and fabricate it to the square plate. Any ideas and suggestions are appreciated. My bike is a 2016 Versys 650. Thanks!
I used my mirror and also attached the high beam switch for the Denali lights to the side of the controller. Originally the controller hit my tank bag at full lock, adding the mirror extenders solved that plus freed up some real-estate . The location is convenient as there have been many times as the sun went down my hands started getting cold, just bump the right setting with my left hand, absolutely love the Oxford grips.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just went to Home Depot and got a U bolt. Attaches right to handle bar and doesn't move.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks great and I agree with you on the location. Mine is in the same spot, very easy to tap with your thumb. Could you take a picture of the back side so that I can see how you did that?

·
Registered
582 Posts
I used the mini zip tie technique to attach the controller but with one addition.I used a piece of 3M double sided thick sticky tape between the back of the controller and the handlebar. Doesn't move. I must say though that as a fan of minimalist engineering I love the design of the Appolo on the grip controller,but 3x the price here...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts