Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to "bite the bullet" and pay our weak U.S. dollar equivalent in British pounds for an HEL stainless steel brake line kit for the Versys. The US web site for HEL doesn't list the Versys among the kits they can provide - and they failed to respond to e-mail (over a three-day period) and they can't be reached by telephone (when you call, it simply says that their "...voice mailbox is full"). :mad:

You CAN find the HEL kit, however, at Hose Solutions:

http://hosesolutions.org.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=781

[I'm sorry this doesn't show up as a "hot link," but the Verys Forum text system kept truncating the full URL! Just "copy" and "paste" the link into your browser.]

I ordered from them - and asked if I could get red pvc covers and red stainless steel fittings - and heard back within five minutes. A salesperson named Brian wrote that the color "upgrade" was no problem (and it's free - and, if you want to select from other colors, you can get blue, purple, green, etc.). The cost was 80 pounds (which includes 10 pounds for international shipping), which is (as of today) $162.32. Brian also said that the current regular retail price for the kit, in Britain, is 87 pounds and that it's his opinion that "it is by far the best kit on the market." Hose Solutions carries a very wide range of lines and fittings, so I'm confident that he wasn't just touting HEL because I had ordered it already. I haven't found other kits for the Versys, although I'm sure they could be "custom" made by Goodridge, Galfer, etc.

When I get the kit and have it mounted, I'll post a couple of photos - and I'll also let you know what my mechanic says about how well the kit fits and how difficult it was to install. I'm confident about bolting on most "accessory" kinds of stuff, but I know that my limited skills do NOT cover working on anything as essential to (continuing) life and (soundly attached) limb as are correctly installed brake lines!!!

Hose Solutions requires the use of PayPal for its international orders, but that was fine with me. It allowed me to verify that they were who they said they were . . . and vice versa.

So, if you are like me and find that you are willing to pay - in this case, about $50 extra - for your impatience, then I suggest you contact Hose Solutions. Delaying gratification has never been one of my strengths! :rolleyes:

Have a Happy Easter/Spring Holiday Weekend!

Peace,
Elllvis

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Ellvis,

my name is Thomas and I come from Greece, I have recently installed the same kit from Hel, and I must say although it looks very nice on my bike it does not seem to improve the braking features of the bike and the lines especially for the rear wheel are a bit to long. Fitting was anyway no problem

·
Registered
122 Posts
hi aeb64

welcome to the site, this is a great place for any infomation just ask. anyhow i bet you have got better weather their in crete than we have here in the uk keep on posting your views you will get lots of response,,,, and dont be surprised if paladin wants to know where crete is :D :D :D

it was the voices that made me do it:eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts