Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use an outdoor cover for their Versys? I would like to protect mine from the brutal Northern Arizona high desert sun as well as keep some of the sand dust of it. I keep it outside under an overhang on my front porch. I am interested in a half cover for when I'm out and about as well as a full cover for at home. Any suggestions?

Also, does anyone use a pad under their kickstand? Here in the desert, there are some spots where parking the bike is difficult with the sinking kickstand. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi Rezrider,

There is a guy in Minnessota called Twin headlight Ernie that makes an aluminum fat foot for the Versys for around $40.

Here is his website: twinheadlighternie.smugmug.com

Looks good and he can ship anywhere in north America.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I can vouch for the Fatfoot from Ernie. Very well constructed and it works perfectly on my gravel driveway. Even with mailing Ernie a check (only payment he accepts) I still had mine within a week. I painted mine black to match the kickstand:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ernie's Fat Foot is the way to go. Great product. Had mine powder coated black. Pic's to follow. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Also, does anyone use a pad under their kickstand? Here in the desert, there are some spots where parking the bike is difficult with the sinking kickstand. Any recommendations?
A guy in MN builds some. Goes by the name Twin HedlightErnie. I don;t have one of these but have Erinie's bashplate on myBMW GS and it's a quality piece. Here's a related thread on the UK forum.

ttp://www.versys.co.uk/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=45&topic=2501.0
opps I now see Ernie's work has alreadybeen mentioned. Sorry for the redundancy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts