Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been watching a lot of duel sport Youtubes and watch guys going through large puddles and some low water crossings.
Will our stock exhaust handle SOME low water/puddle crossing ? if not, is there a exhaust system that works on our bikes ?

thanks in advance Cb

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Yes, the stock exhaust (and others) will be fine as long as the engine is running and the exhaust gas keeps water from entering the exhaust - think of trucks backing down a boat ramp to launch a boat and how the water is bubbling from the exhaust. The important thing is to never let water get into your intake.

I've always heard if you happen to stall with the exhaust under water it may be difficult to restart and is probably not recommended due to the possible risk of sucking water up the exhaust.

·
Registered
281 Posts
think of trucks backing down a boat ramp to launch a boat and how the water is bubbling from the exhaust
A little of topic but I've always been curious about this as when I launch my wave runner on certain ramps my exhaust does go into the water. How do you prevent water intake through the exhaust.......by keeping the engine running?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
A little of topic but I've always been curious about this as when I launch my wave runner on certain ramps my exhaust does go into the water. How do you prevent water intake through the exhaust.......by keeping the engine running?
Exactly......

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
A thread shows the V going through about 2.5ft of water. Not sure what you would search. Search never works on this website anyway. :eek:

Pretty cool, though, glad it was not my bike! :eek:

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
The muffler is made to expel condensed water at the small hole on bottom near the end of casing... There is actually about one gallon of water produced for every gallon of gasoline consumed. Most of the water comes out as vapor.

The muffler won't admit water when engine is still running. You want to make sure water is not ingested in the airbox and cause hydrolock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts