Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
1986 Yamaha XT-250L

2002 Suzuki DRZ 400S (440S bigbore)

nothing now...sadly..the DRZ pooped out on me a few weeks ago...now it in pieces in my garage being parted out for Versys money.

·
Registered
11 Posts
1998 Honda NX 125
2000 Honda VT 125 :huh:
2001 Kawa GPZ 500 s
2004 Kawa 750 Zr7S
2007 Kawa ZRX 1100 R
2008 Kawa versys 650 abs...

and road-tested many many in the main time... :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
78 Honda XL250
86 Yamaha Virago 700
02 Kawasaki ZX6R
01 Aprilia Mille R
05 ZX6R
04 Gas Gas FSE 450 SM
07 BMW F650GS
08 Kawasaki Versys

·
Registered
80 Posts
84 Yamaha MR 50
80's Kawasaki Z500
90 Honda MTX 200
2 x Suzuki 1100 Katana's
2 x 1987 Suzuki GSXR 750 Pre slings
04 Kawasaki VN 800
06 Kawasaki KDX 200
06 Husqvarna WR 250
05 Kawasaki KLR 650
08 Kawasaki KLR 650
08 Kawasaki Versys ( Best bike ever )

·
Registered
117 Posts
That M109 has me drooling! I would love to get my hands on one!

I've only had one other:

A 2003 Kawasaki KLR 250. Wish I had kept it as a second bike.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Let me think a minute...
82 Rokon Trailblazer
69 Rokon Trailblazer
04 CRF250R
03 KLR 650
92 Concours
86 Concours
78 Goldwing
73 Suzuki 550K (bought new)
71 Suzuki 500
That's all I can think of. It sure has been fun!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Other bikes

Geez, lots of bikes.
But maybe the first "motorcycle" I owned (in a cooperative venture with my older brother and a couple of twin brothers down the street) was something fashioned from a Briggs & Stratton 2hp reel mower and a Schwinn stingray.

It was summer, we were bored, and the twins had a yard full of old washer and bicycle parts.......and their dad had a gas powered lawnmower. This made them the envy of the neighborhood as the rest of us sweated across the lawn with push mowers.

Anyway, one sweltering summer day we were dreaming of being really old (you know, like 16 or 40 or something) and having our own wheels. We all wanted a motorcycle because the neighborhood hooligan down the block had this heinously loud Triumph that all our mothers cursed. If mom hated it, it had to be worth having.

Not sure who sparked the idea, but it was helped along by boredom, and sugar laced strawberry Koolaid. We all admired the crazy raw power of the Briggs & Straton and thought it would make a cool go-Kart engine, but that was well beyond the scope of our mechanical skills and cash holdings to produce.

On the other hand, it was really easy to take the upright push handles off the mower leaving only the two wheels, the blade/reel between them, and the engine on top.

If we could put a seat on it somehow we just knew it would take us where we wanted to go with minimum time and ingenuity investment.

A Schwinn stingray with no rear wheel provided the perfect (?) solution.
What we did was spread the rear legs of the frame apart far enough to match up with the place where the original mower handles had inserted. Bolt them into place and.........a miracle was born.

Not only could we sit on the bike seat and drive around at whatever great velocity that 2hp could push us, we could also still cut lawns with it since the blades and wheels were still intact.

In fact that little motor had enough umph that we could get one kid riding and steering, one on the handlebars to direct traffic, and the other two could stand on the body of the mower (barefoot of course, since it was summer). The fact that nobody lost a foot that day is proof enough for me that angels truly do protect children, idiots, and idiots who are still children.

We were the coolest kids in the world that day, right up to the time that the twins dad came home.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts