Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I purchased a set of Osram H7 (12v 55w) bulbs for my 08 Versys.

The bulb itself fits fine in the headlight housing. I should not even need a spacer -- the fit is near perfect. BUT ... the stock bulb connectors don't fit the back of the bulbs. The posts are too close together. I was sure I saw a post on the forums mentioning this particular brand. I was curious if I could merely swap out the bulb connectors with some H7 ceramics like these.

Solder the leads together and I should be good to go.. no? Am I missing something?

Also, dropped my left fairing in the dark and chipped it up. :frown2: I was getting frustrated and should have walked away. I've owned the bike a week.

Now that the fairings are off, anyone have any input on maintenance? Anything I should check while I'm in there? Any mods I might undertake? :grin2:

Thanks for your help. I will post pictures in daylight.

warewolff

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
You're supposed to reuse the original adapters from your original bulbs... They're on there tight, but do come apart.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hah! Was just coming back to say I have been Googling like crazy and found my answer. I saved the old bulbs and a bit of muscling will get them off. Thank you for your help, invader. I've read a lot of great stuff from you on this board.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts