Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ran and got the closest one to my house after work today. Was a very cool brisk wind that kept getting under my helmet from the right, so I'm glad it was a short ride.

So far these look pretty much the same. They were all built around the same timeframe. I'm sure I'll get more variety the more I get out of the immediate area.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
I do contract work for ODOT as a consultant; they are just getting ready to do some major work on Parvin Covered Bridge east of Eugene; try to hit that one before they have it all ripped apart this spring/summer. Also, when you hit up some near Lebanon/Crabtree, drop me a line and I would love to tag along. There is also a covered bridge on the OSU campus that is little known and may not be on your list; it was moved to it's current location years ago. Great project!!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do contract work for ODOT as a consultant; they are just getting ready to do some major work on Parvin Covered Bridge east of Eugene; try to hit that one before they have it all ripped apart this spring/summer. Also, when you hit up some near Lebanon/Crabtree, drop me a line and I would love to tag along. There is also a covered bridge on the OSU campus that is little known and may not be on your list; it was moved to it's current location years ago. Great project!!
Very good to know. There are 4 others right around Parvin, and they were all on my list for the next week or so (probably Sunday afternoon if the weather holds).

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey I like those pics! I'm sure I'll get my own set with those bridges soon!

Today's cold adventure... went out highway 126 from Eugene along the beautiful McKenzie River about 50 miles to the small town of McKenzie Bridge. Took a scenic back road to the Belknap bridge, and wow, I was amazed at how good this bridge looked.

On the way back, stopped at what I now consider the busiest covered bridge I've seen (Goodpasture)... 4 cars passed me at about 30mpg within the 30 seconds it took to take the pic!

Hope I spelled everything correct... my fingers are still a bit tingly...

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ran about 40 miles south this afternoon and planned to see 5 covered bridges, and was surprised to find a pedestrian bridge in Cottage Grove.

About 10 minutes from home it started hailing like crazy on the freeway, and my pucker factor went to about 1,000 when the road was white within seconds!

Ah, the adventures...

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Something like that, yeah! Should get 5 more in a quick run later this week if the weather holds.

I didn't mention the best part of the ride yesterday. Has anyone seen the movie "Click" with Adam Sandler? He's driving along the road and comes across a jogger that he just can't see enough of? I had one of those moments. Will probably never come again. If not for my failed attempt at getting my camera out of my pocket and the 4 way intersection with two cars honking at me, I coulda posted some of the best pics of my life.

Now THAT'S why I ride a motorcycle!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ohh man, if you live on the west coast today, you better had been on your bike!

5 more bridges to report in the bright sunshine! Spent a grand total of about 5 hours on the bike today.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts