Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the old helmet got messed up yesterday i decided to go ahead and order a helmet I've had my eye on.Tried it on at the dealership and liked it. Will not use the beak with it. With my Revzilla Cash and no taxes the dealership was 50 bucks more so i ordered it at Revzilla.....https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/scorpion-exo-at950-helmet

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
That's pretty impressive - Darth Vader! Says it's for narrow heads so that lets me out. Too bad, it's rather sinister looking.

·
Premium Member
16,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's pretty impressive - Darth Vader! Says it's for narrow heads so that lets me out. Too bad, it's rather sinister looking.

Hmmmm..I don't feel i have a narrow head. The cheek pads were very snug but not bad. The field of vision is awesome though.....

·
Registered
282 Posts
I looked at your old helmet and noticed the damage in the chin area. I'm glad you had the face portion down. Some people that wear modular ride with the face portion up for comfort, especially when it's hot. I remember the portion in the MSF course that discussed what portion of the head hits first during a collision and a lot of times it's the chin/face. I cringe when I see open face helmets on the road. Had a motor officer from a local LA County agency that was involved in a collision recently. He was wearing a modular with the face shield potion locked in the up potion. He had major chin/face trauma that could have been prevented if the shield had been down.

Just my .02$, glad you were geared up and lived to ride another day.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
id have to say im not huge on the lack of venting, ive also never been a fan of that style of drop down visor mechanism they some times fail then your stuck with the visor in the down position and have to tape it up out of the way , i wish i could find the one i was wanting, its modular has the drop down visor and the air brace system and was around $200,

·
Premium Member
16,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked at your old helmet and noticed the damage in the chin area. I'm glad you had the face portion down. Some people that wear modular ride with the face portion up for comfort, especially when it's hot. I remember the portion in the MSF course that discussed what portion of the head hits first during a collision and a lot of times it's the chin/face. I cringe when I see open face helmets on the road. Had a motor officer from a local LA County agency that was involved in a collision recently. He was wearing a modular with the face shield potion locked in the up potion. He had major chin/face trauma that could have been prevented if the shield had been down.

Just my .02$, glad you were geared up and lived to ride another day.

Yea i love modulars helmets but will not ride with the chin up. I like to be able to lift the chin when your talking to someone at a stop or to grab a quick drink without having to take the helmet off. The helmet i had on was my old Nolan N90 that i started back using recently because i like with it that when the chin was lifted the camera was mounted so that it would still video whats ahead of you. With the Nolan N104 i had been using the way the camera was mounted was on the chin section so when you raised the chin bar the camera would point up to the sky..

·
Premium Member
16,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Very nice looking helmet. And I like the warning "Always secure chin strap when wearing helmet" That's not quite as bad as having to say "Always make sure the eye port and face shield face toward the front when putting helmet on." Are we really that stupid? Doh!!

·
Premium Member
16,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice looking helmet. And I like the warning "Always secure chin strap when wearing helmet" That's not quite as bad as having to say "Always make sure the eye port and face shield face toward the front when putting helmet on." Are we really that stupid? Doh!!

:thumb::thumb:

·
Premium Member
16,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
16,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Taking that sticker off was the first thing i did...

·
Registered
304 Posts
That's a nice looking helmet. Unfortunately I've tried on a few different Scorpions and they don't fit my head shape.

·
Premium Member
16,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
id have to say im not huge on the lack of venting, ive also never been a fan of that style of drop down visor mechanism they some times fail then your stuck with the visor in the down position and have to tape it up out of the way , i wish i could find the one i was wanting, its modular has the drop down visor and the air brace system and was around $200,

I'll have to check it out on the bike before i can comment on the venting but it looks like it should do better than both my Nolans from what i can see. The vents on the nose piece look pretty big when opened....

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I'll have to check it out on the bike before i can comment on the venting but it looks like it should do better than both my Nolans from what i can see. The vents on the nose piece look pretty big when opened....
ya keep us up to date on that, i have to say venting has been one of my pet peeves when it comes to helmets , ive had some with venting so bad you can easily heat heat stroke on a day under 100*F

·
Premium Member
16,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's a nice looking helmet. Unfortunately I've tried on a few different Scorpions and they don't fit my head shape.

I do well with the intermediate/oval helmets...There were a few helmets i liked but they were for a rounder head

·
Premium Member
16,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finally got to use the helmet bringing the bike back from the dealership today. Very comfy,huge field of view and good air flow without having the vent on top of the helmet open. Like it better than the 2 Nolans I've had. If it had a quick latch system instead of the D-Rings it would be perfect.

·
Premium Member
16,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Super Moderator
19,635 Posts
...If it had a quick latch system instead of the D-Rings it would be perfect.
Joe - I've seen adverts (SOMEWHERE!) for D-rings you can retro-fit. (Maybe in the back-sections of CYCLE WORLD...?)

·
Premium Member
16,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Joe - I've seen adverts (SOMEWHERE!) for D-rings you can retro-fit. (Maybe in the back-sections of CYCLE WORLD...?)

I bought a gadget to make it a quick release on my old EXO-900. It didn't work or i wasn't smart enough to make it work..:smile2::smile2:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts