Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I'm not breaking the forum rules here, as I'm not trying to advertise my business. When I am ready to advertise, I'll certainly be happy to pay for it. But I'm looking for some honest feedback on the content and layout of my new ebay store.
I'm not new to the retail business world, but this is the first time I'm launching a business with the initial sales channel being ecommerce, and my targeted market are riders like us on this forum. I hope to build the business to the point where I can take it into the real world and open a retail location.
If you wouldn't mind taking a look at my store http://stores.ebay.com/Marks-MOTO-GEAR/_i.html?rt=nc&_dmd=1&_sid=80942700&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14&_vc=1, and providing any comments good or bad, it would be greatly appreciated. :feedback: :thanx:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Mark,

A few comments, as requested....

Nice logo - looks very professional. The listings have very good pictures of the items. Much more helpful than most other internet retailers. I also like the fact that you actually stock the items, and will inspect them before shipping.

My only suggestion would be to consider spending some time shopping the other popular web retailer's web sites. In just a few moments of browsing, I was able to find the same items for less money. And not an insignificant amount either.

good luck!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Nice looking site. Although I've never had an actual ebay store I've sold a lot of motorcyles, motorcycle swag and electronic music equipment over the past 12 years and have been about 99% on smooth hassle free deals. Best of luck to you sir!

·
Registered
774 Posts
My only suggestion would be to consider spending some time shopping the other popular web retailer's web sites. In just a few moments of browsing, I was able to find the same items for less money. And not an insignificant amount either.

good luck!
Same suggestion from me. If I'm buying online it is for price.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

good luck!
....And I did just that. After looking at some other retailers and my cost's, I found I can price very close to them (and not MSRP) to be competitive.

Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
There is another "motogear" online store out there. motogearoutlet.com. They are local to CO and have been around for a while. You might want to check for trademark or potential search engine confusion with other sites.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mark, I like the mannequin heads used to display the head gear. Be consistent and use it for all head gear.

It would be nice if you could do something similar for the baggage. I like when an automotive product is shown installed inplace on a vehicle and the vehicle is ~50% transparent. It gives you the idea of how it will look while still focusing on the product itself

1 - 9 of 9 Posts