Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2017 V650
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm another cyclist who became a motorcyclist. I've been riding motorcycles about 17 years. My first motorcycle was a Honda Shadow Spirit 750. As a cyclist, I found it an easy, but challenging, first motorcycle. I rode that sucker for 10 years. The Versys 650 is my third bike. I love it. I think the seat height might be the only challenge you face, but being a cyclist will be helpful with regard to your ability to balance and will help you to quickly adjust to it and feel comfortable. The bike you start with -- 300X or 650 -- depends on your comfort level and the kind of riding you want to do. It really is different for everyone. So, take the course and see how you feel on the low-speed exercises on a bike that isn't yours. ;) Use that as your measuring tape to see what you want to start out with. Remember, your first bike isn't your last bike. If you start on a 300X and develop your skills quickly, you can always move up.
Thanks again great advice!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have 2018 V650, and that is my first motorbike I ever have. 100% great decision, i buyed him on "blind" because I didn't have chance to find Versys 650 in my country like test vehicle to see will it fit to me I only sit on motorbike in shop, but I read a lot of reviews and I decide to buy them and it is 100% good decision and I don’t regret a single penny I gave for it.

·
Registered
4,943 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,089 Posts
COME ON guys - don't make me "CLOSE" this thread and DELETE some posts.

Let it go, please.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Welcome n4in!
Hopefully, you will stick around this forum.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts