Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was changing air filter on my 2015 versys 650. While lifting the tank I broken the Fuel stick piece on the injector rod. I went to motorcycle junk yard picked up a new one, decide to remove the TPS sensor to get to it. Replace the fuel and forgot to put the sensor back on before cranking to check for fuel leak. Now I here the sub throttle body not sweeping motion instead of like "click, click click... stop. (fast clicks like it trying to sweep)." (picture provided not mine) Is there a motorcycle mechanic know the industry secret sauce don't want to pay $1000 for whole throttle assembly. Willing to pay/tip for knowledge. Tried searching the forums seems like other has similar issue but no solution, I will still try. (ENGINE code 32)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
well if you cant get it fixed i have a new throttle body assembly (part #16163-0166) for sale for $400

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Got a listing on ebay or something? Love the caution notes at the end of everything should be like Toyota service manual where everything is in the front. Alest I made the fuel rod piece better by putting 1/4 in with rubber hose around the stick with 1/4in hose camp. OEM piece should be metal. Seeing a lot brakes.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Got a listing on ebay or something? Love the caution notes at the end of everything should be like Toyota service manual where everything is in the front. Alest I made the fuel rod piece better by putting 1/4 in with rubber hose around the stick with 1/4in hose camp. OEM piece should be metal. Seeing a lot brakes.
no i do not , but pm me you number and i can text you photos of it if you would like

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Calling Invader

As in the title, if it is possible to screw up as you claim, I am sure it can be reversed. One thing, TPS and sub throttle sensor if loosened or removed need to be set with a digital voltmeter, and the reading should have been taken before , also there is a special adapter for doing this. For now I copied a thread link, I would suggest PM Invader. He has extensive knowledge on this, I am not clear what you broke and why you removed the TPS sensor. I have photos of the gas tank in my valve shim post, showing the fuel bung and the fuel line.
Here is the link, although I am not sure if it will help;
https://www.kawasakiversys.com/foru...ification-mk-1-mk-2-a.html?highlight=throttle post 55 has the adapter part number and reference for setting.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Maybe the TPS sensor just needs to be removed and reinstalled properly with the TPS inner slot aligned on its drive tab in throttle body assembly. It may be 1/2 turn off or something... Try again.

First of all, it is still aligned with its original green reference mark on the front of sensor?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts