Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got back from a ride today and coolant was dripping out pretty rapidly from underneath the engine (not the overflow pipe). The reservoir is still full, but there was a pretty decent puddle on the ground. I can't reproduce the problem... I started the bike a few hours later - no leaks, so I took it out for a ride to get some gas, and still no leaks. So I left it in idle and revved until it was one bar from max temp and still no leaks. So it looks like it's a one time thing. Not sure what to make of this. Should I be worried? Any one else had this?

·
Premium Member
8,059 Posts
Keep an eye on it for the time been and the Versys does peep from the swingarm and have you rode over water or rain recently.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keep an eye on it for the time been and the Versys does peep from the swingarm and have you rode over water or rain recently.
Thanks. No water or rain recently. What do you mean if 'peeps from the swingarm'? You mean it's known to leak from near there?

·
Premium Member
8,059 Posts
I am not too sure which model you have. anyway the versys 650 swingarm can collect water on wet ride/washing and will slowly leak out from two tiny holes under the swing-arm.

·
Registered
165 Posts
If its even slightly overfilled, when the bike gets hot it will leak. I'd check coolant level and make sure its not above the full line. If its at the full line after this leak, then it was over filled and the excess came out.

Reactions: Vam
1 - 5 of 5 Posts