Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Kawasaki riders.

I have 2008 versys 650 and I figured out today that front right turn signal doesn't work. No matter if I use turn signal or emergency stop button.

I switched a bulb from left side, no luck (buld from right side works on left). Fuse is one for all turn signals, so this is not fuse fault. I tried to measure voltage there, it shows ~5 Volt when flashes. No visible dirt/scratches/corrosion there also.

What to look next?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi,

I would look for a poor contact... Broken wires, connectors...

Do the wires make good contact (crimped/soldered) with the connectors lugs?... Do the connectors lugs make good contact between themselves (male/female)?... Do the lamp terminals make good contacts in the socket?... Etc, etc...

·
Registered
583 Posts
Yes; just trace back and begin eliminating possible failure points. 5 volts seems low for the signal bulb but I've never tested mine. Maybe look at the voltage for one of the healthy signals.

Either way, it sounds like a wiring/ground issue. Fortunately, the right front signal is the least important.

·
Registered
132 Posts
DmitryS... You'll have trace back the connection(s)... Follow the turn signal wire(s) path and check for bad contacts, be it in the wire(s) and/or connectors... Don't know your bike, but I believe you can't do this without taking some fairings out...

·
Registered
141 Posts
There is a connector behind the plastic fairing that the Indicator is bolted on to
I have had trouble with mine before also a 2008 Mk1
If I take it off and clean it with contact cleaner it works for another while

If you are getting 5 volts instead of 12 that could be the issue

·
Premium Member
11,120 Posts
Signal light wiring comes from signal switch on handlebars, through a connector, then to front and rear. If the grounds are OK, possible corroded connector below gas tank from left side handle bars. Horn, low and high beam and signal lights all in that connector.If you are measuring from battery negative ground to the quick connector and getting 5 volts, your trouble is either in the switch or in the connector I mentioned. ALL Kawasaki wiring for signals is the same, fuse to flasher positive live all the time with key on, signal switch and emergency signal are fed by the same circuit, if one light works, nothing before the signal switch is at fault. If front right doesn't work but rear right works, make sure you have measured from battery negative, as all the signal light grounds come from a main joint. The front and rear are taped off a single gray wire from the signal switch. Again check the rear works. That connector under the tank requires the tank removal to get at it.

Reactions: quexpress

·
Registered
132 Posts
Seems like the same problem Gerinemo was describing before...

There is a connector behind the plastic fairing that the Indicator is bolted on to
I have had trouble with mine before also a 2008 Mk1
If I take it off and clean it with contact cleaner it works for another while

If you are getting 5 volts instead of 12 that could be the issue
You're welcome (y)... Glad you got it sorted out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts