Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title may or may not imply, I've posted a couple of tire change questions... hopefully this is the last one and I can go ahead and "pull the trigger".

I intend to use the Dyna beads for balancing which is endorsed by people who've used them. My questions are (perhaps stupid ones, but would be worse if I did not ask :eek:) do I remove the weight on the current tires? Just pry them off? Can I leave them on or not?

Thanks in advance to all, AGAIN! :thanx:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Although if you weren't changing the tire, but just adding beads to an already balanced tire, there's no harm in leaving the weights on. You can't balance a tire too much.

·
Registered
873 Posts
If your using Dynabeads, be careful how much lube you use. It gets on the beads and then they stick together and don't work right.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If there is a Cycle Gear close by they will balance free of charge using traditional weights. They will charge you to mount the tires and is likely higher if you purchased them from another source.

·
Super Moderator
18,822 Posts
As the title may or may not imply, I've posted a couple of tire change questions... hopefully this is the last one and I can go ahead and "pull the trigger".

I intend to use the Dyna beads for balancing which is endorsed by people who've used them. My questions are (perhaps stupid ones, but would be worse if I did not ask :eek:) do I remove the weight on the current tires? Just pry them off? Can I leave them on or not?

Thanks in advance to all, AGAIN! :thanx:
REMOVE them!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts