·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Poor guy, at least he wasn't hurt from the looks of it.

I'd definitely have to say that was a 5 mph bumper!

Yea it peeled like a banana.

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Crap like this amazes me. The guy driving the car had a passenger. When i'm in that situation that i can't see i'll have my passenger get out to make sure it clear before i pull out or if i'm the passenger i hop out to do it. Plenty of times i've go somewhere and a car parked next to a truck can't see to back out into traffic. I'll walk out into the road and stop traffic if necessary and motion the car back. Or if no traffic let them know its all clear. Seems common sense isn't so common anymore

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Crap like this amazes me. The guy driving the car had a passenger. When i'm in that situation that i can't see i'll have my passenger get out to make sure it clear before i pull out or if i'm the passenger i hop out to do it. Plenty of times i've go somewhere and a car parked next to a truck can't see to back out into traffic. I'll walk out into the road and stop traffic if necessary and motion the car back. Or if no traffic let them know its all clear. Seems common sense isn't so common anymore
You should become an IT manager! You'd very quickly learn that common sense has NOTHING to do with 90% of people's outlooks...
:confused:

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
That cage driver is a pia

But, is it just me or did the rider seemed to have alternate route and place to avoid ?

I also don't see him braking very hard (must admit that the point of view is not ideal) ... Rear brake only ???

Glad to see he is ok AND that the cager will have to pay for is lack of inteligence

LOP

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
...But, is it just me or did the rider seemed to have alternate route and place to avoid ?...LOP
I'm w/ you Phil. He appeared NOT to make ANY move to ride around the car, which by then was stopped....
:huh:

·
Registered
146 Posts
We are in the USA, you go to the bank in your car, to the pharmacy in your car, to get coffee in your car, to get food in your car and never have to get off it. Why to do it in the wild!!!! :p

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Well, a bit too fast to stop for a car popping out at the end of a blind curve... Biker did brake hard AND swerved to his left all the way to the edge of paved road. We see the Duc's front end dive a bit before he turns away even more. He well managed to just impact the car's soft bumper cover, and the bike is completely stopped and still standing as it just falls over. The Ducati still looks mint! :clap:

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heres a photo of me going by there. Just a few hours later i was hit by a car on PCH. I very seldom go there anymore because of all the idiots that flock there.

_DSC7533 by RockStorePhotos.com, on Flickr

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
But, is it just me or did the rider seemed to have alternate route and place to avoid ?
Agree. We have the advantage of watching it several times and analyze what we think we would do. What we think we would do and what we actually do may be two different things.

I honest to god know I would not have hit them. I would have headed to the rear of the vehicle or took it left into the shoulder. I think target fixation got him.

My gut says a more seasoned rider on the same bike within the same speeds would have missed.

Glad it was minor.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts