Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was ridding yesterday and about 45 minutes into the ride my speedo began flashing my rpm needle began going from 0 to redline all the lights it had were blinking and the motor started missing. Much to my surprise this is a New 2015 Versys with 1400 miles on it purchased this August with 0 miles on it. I pulled over and the bike went dead. turned the key off and back on... nothing. Moved over to the side of the road and tried it again. the bike fired up and I headed home. I was about 100 miles away. It drove fine until about half way home and it started up again. any ideas? I am more than upset this is a new bike and never expected this. Any help will be welcomed.

·
Super Moderator
19,458 Posts
I'll bet your issue is a LOOSE battery connection. Pull your seat off, then take a 10 mm wrench or Philips screwdriver, and check them. A bit of 'dielectric' grease on each is a good idea, too.

:goodluck:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yes, sounds like loose battery leads. Did you buy the green/black 2015 Moellers had? Man I'm in the parish if you ever need any help PM me, be glad to help.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
+1 to checking your connections

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys ive been gone for a few days but happy news the problem was a loose battery cable. the negative cable was loose. She now runs like a dream thanks.
hey Bayou Versys I did purchase the green Versys from Bastrop.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Good Deal! thought you might have got that one, it was a sweet a$$ deal for a new 2015. Replied to your PM. Have to go make a ride thru hills north of Ruston, great rodes that way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts