Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OMG! I’ve discovered brautwurt

I’m 71 and burned brats on the grill for many years and not than been impressed. I hosted my neighbor for his bachelor party and wanted to do something different so I checked what some others on the net have done. Do yourself a favor and do some brats the way they do in Wisconsin! Boil and simmer in beer and spices before you grill! Stone ground mustard, onions and sauerkraut, OMG!

·
Premium Member
7,808 Posts
You mean sausage in Beer...:wink2:

we should start a cooking section in the forum....:smile2:Anyway thanks for sharing , and I had to goggle the word Brautwurt.:grin2:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I have to chuckle. When I read the title I thought it was a thread about Kids who were acting like brats.

Did not realize it was about the finer things in the grill house.:wink2:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Ya hey dere.... one thing they know for certain up nort is how to combine sausages & beer. My wife's family is from Sheboygen and only hold the Pack higher than brats.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I’m 71 and burned brats on the grill for many years and not than been impressed. I hosted my neighbor for his bachelor party and wanted to do something different so I checked what some others on the net have done. Do yourself a favor and do some brats the way they do in Wisconsin! Boil and simmer in beer and spices before you grill! Stone ground mustard, onions and sauerkraut, OMG!

Being from Wisconsin, I didn't know there was any other way to cook em! Glad you experienced some Sconnie' culture :grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Fajitas (both chicken and steak) seem to be a favourite in my family on the BBQ (with homemade guacamole).

Been watching a few BBQ how-to videos from "?famous?" chefs and restaurants on YouTube and learned to make the best burgers on the BBQ are when you make the hamburger patties fairly thin, cook quickly, and then sandwich some cheddar/swiss/Havarti between two patties before you serving them together as one. Seems you get more flavour that way as there is more bbq exposed surface area with two thin patties rather than one giant thick one although the meat amount is the same. Interestingly this is the way most fast food restaurants do it too. Learned sauteed onions are a great addition to BBQ burgers too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts